Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Average Bear posted:

ooooh... banana

edit:

Feels good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I picked up this game again a couple weeks ago and couldn't even get to the lair .

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Aston posted:

obv o is the superior movement key but do you use numpad or hjkl for fine tuning?

I use tab.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

This is why you couldn't get to lair lol

I'm not going to take this poo poo!!

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

PleasingFungus posted:

trivia: the_glow (in the old entries i linked) is dis astranagant, possibly the best goon crawl player. he still posted on SA until very recently...

I'm the best goon crawl player.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I just had a vine stalker wanderer with ring of regen, amulet of regen, troll skin armor, and regeneration spell. He's gone now...

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Crimson Harvest posted:

But he'll be back soon?

EDIT: Is there any pseudo-ID, or are magic weapons and armor always described as 'runed' or 'glowing' or whatever?

He's dead. He's in hell forever.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Ristolaz posted:

I tried playing this again too. Everyone is pissed at all the changes but I cant tell the difference

Here's the only change that annoyed me: Orc is only 2 levels deep now.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

In Training posted:

I love reading crawl threads whenever they pop up because everyone sounds completely insane

Ever read this one? https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3718266

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Goodbye, ASSMAN.

2896514 ASSMAN the Conqueror (level 27, 199/199 HPs)
Began as a Demonspawn Fighter on Feb 17, 2017.
Was the Champion of Ru.
Escaped with the Orb
... and 5 runes!

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Crimson Harvest posted:

Anyone have some 'get better at the early game' advice? Most of my characters get to the Lair or Orcish Mines but generally die to simply being overwhelmed. I hate fiddling with fiddly things so I haven't played any casters yet, but I feel like that might give me some escape options.

Play mummy chaos knight and spam wait on the D1 down stairs for 500,000 turns.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Just died because I kept doing flips over berserking polar bears.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

As far as I can tell there's no cure mutation potion or mutation resist in the game anymore. How are you supposed to deal with mutation in the lategame?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

The orc sorcerer shouts!
The orc sorcerer shouts, "You can't withstand my power!"
_The orc sorcerer points at you and mumbles some strange words.
Your +3 warlock's mirror {reflect} reflects the Paralyse!
_The orc sorcerer suddenly stops moving!

• Locked thread