Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

PleasingFungus posted:

trivia: the_glow (in the old entries i linked) is dis astranagant, possibly the best goon crawl player. he still posted on SA until very recently...

welp i was wondering what happened to that guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I really need to play more of this game, it’s good but I’m incredibly bad at it and can never get more than a few levels in. I’ve been playing a lot of ToME but having to go through the same boring early dungeons every time is starting to p*ss me off so it’s time for a change.

have you tried caves of qud?

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
qud is a startlingly accurate depiction of life in indiana. the starting village and a town in indiana share a name and similar lifestyles of their inhabitants, and upon arriving you find the only things there are to do are bring broken pieces of poo poo to a meth addict for him to take apart or help the rednecks figure out what's eating their crops. if you help the meth junkie by bringing him enough stuff to ride out the rest of his high, he then sends you to a nearby structure to acquire a quantity of copper, presumably for him to sell as scrap to continue the circle of meth.

eventually you realize there's nothing more for you in the small insignificant shithole of indiana/qud, you can then wander out into the barren wasteland of the midwest and die alone and afraid

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
thats my review of qud

• Locked thread