Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
I really like Dungeon Crawl, been feeling the need for it lately. I'm not very good though, I need to get better but it's so much fun that even dying a bunch doesn't bother me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Evil Eagle posted:

I'm ingrained in my ways. Whenever I shop for laptops the number 1 deciding factor of whether or not I buy one is "does it have a numpad".

I have that keyboard, but mine didn't come with a cute conure. Did I get ripped off?

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Can someone tell me about choosing when to train which skills? Like if I'm playing something super simple like Kobold Berserker.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Thanks, that helped me with my best attempt yet.

Got to Floor 6 of the Lair. It was getting scary so I read a scroll of teleportation and ended up in a tight cave with a bunch of death yaks on one side, and a catoblepas on two others. Welp.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

But he'll be back soon?

EDIT: Is there any pseudo-ID, or are magic weapons and armor always described as 'runed' or 'glowing' or whatever?

Crimson Harvest fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Feb 15, 2017

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Robot Randy posted:

have you tried caves of qud?

I just started messing with Qud and it's very cool but also really weird. Everything is much different than most games of this type. Still, I had a fun time blasting hyena men with my eye lasers until I was eaten by a puma.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

There's a free version on their site. It just doesn't have the tiles and sounds, I think.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Anyone have some 'get better at the early game' advice? Most of my characters get to the Lair or Orcish Mines but generally die to simply being overwhelmed. I hate fiddling with fiddly things so I haven't played any casters yet, but I feel like that might give me some escape options.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

EDIT: Nevermind this was already covered

Is Fighting as important as weapon skill? Once I hit the weapon speed cap should I keep going into fighting, or switch to some combination of Armor/Dodge?

Crimson Harvest fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Feb 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Is this just a troll? For sale, only 1203 coins on floor 9.

• Locked thread