Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

Manute Bol was the GOAT. What other player once killed a lion with a spear? Sent almost all his money to support his impoverished people back home? blocked shots just by being insanely tall? Bol Ball ruled fools.

embiid did it also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
Bo Jackson got injured early in his career.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MrLogan posted:

Bo Jackson got injured early in his career.

Bo Jackson, along with Red Grange, would be the first inductions into a hypothetical "American Athlete Hall of Fame", never played lacrosse.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

whiteyfats posted:

Bo Jackson, along with Red Grange, would be the first inductions into a hypothetical "American Athlete Hall of Fame", never played lacrosse.

Weird way to spell Jim Thorpe

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Metapod posted:

Weird way to spell Jim Thorpe

Did Thorpe have his own video game

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

a neat cape posted:

Did Thorpe have his own video game

He has his own city

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Jim Thorpe Pennsylvania owns. Great hiking, awesome little restaurants. We took a field trip there in 6th grade to collect slag from the local iron mines.

Jim Thorpe owned too. I got nothing bad to say about him

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Robert Horry got rid of the high top fade

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
adrian peterson used a stick

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Prime Time often made games less exciting by totally shutting half the field, both in college and the NFL.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

OJ Simpson killed it in The Naked Gun

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Joe Montana was too good.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Joe Montana was too good.

at getting benched

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Joe Montana went upstairs to masturbate.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lawrence Taylor may or may not have snorted coke on the sidelines in between choke-slamming assorted quarterbacks.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

HOF five time super bowl champion Charles Haley was a legit insane sadistic madman.

-At a team meeting, Haley got the attention of Scott Case and when Case looked over at Haley he was faced with “Haley’s erect penis stretched across the desk.”

-“Haley would stroll up to an unsuspecting (49er) teammate, whip out his phallus, and repeatedly stroke it in his face. Players initially laughed it off…”

-Haley, ever the prankster, cut a hole in the roof of teammate Tim Harris’ car, got on top, and pissed inside.

-Haley, on his way from the bathroom to a team meeting, pulled down his pants, wiped his rear end, and then threw his poo poo-stained toilet paper at 49ers coach John Marshall.

-Haley refused to stop. He would jerk off in the locker room, in the trainer’s room. He’d wrap his hand around his penis, turn toward a Joe Montana or John Taylor, and bellow, ‘You know you wanna suck this!’” He would then proceed to graphically talk about other player’s wives and bring himself to orgasm.

- Haley was also a homophobic prick, as, in addition to greeting a new teammate once with simply, “You’re from California? You must be a loving human being.” He also once berated Steve Young with the following tirade after a loss: “I could have loving won that game in my sleep! You’re a motherfucking pussy human being quarterback! A motherfucking pussy human being quarterback with no balls!”

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
And TO's a bad teammate.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's why his Hall of Fame speech was such a disappointment :saddowns: I wanted insanity. :smithfrog:

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

whiteyfats posted:

That's why his Hall of Fame speech was such a disappointment :saddowns: I wanted insanity. :smithfrog:

He was diagnosed as bi-polar after he retired, and gets treatment now. Woulda been cool if he went off his meds for the induction and, waved his dick at Goodale though.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Smiling Mandrill posted:

He was diagnosed as bi-polar after he retired, and gets treatment now. Woulda been cool if he went off his meds for the induction and, waved his dick at Goodale though.

I didn't know that, but it explains a lot. Poor Charles. :smith: Mental illness isn't fun, even if you're rich and one the best to ever play.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Jim Brown thought he was a better actor than a football player.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Tom Brady is in league with the Devil

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Some times i think of the greatest of all time and it can't even let me get a drat lick of sleep. get outta my head already fellas!! Dumbos

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Darth Brooks posted:

Joe Montana went upstairs to masturbate.

Did Tom Brady say masturbate on network television? No he did not.

Therefore he will never be the greatest.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Tom Brady is a system qb

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Pelé was a serial womanizer who dated a 17 year old when he was 41. He had at least two other kids via affairs, and one of them he disavowed to his death even though DNA proved she was his daughter. Her mother was one of Pelé's housmaids.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Jozy Altidore has shown that despite all his accomplishments he can't win the big game

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Tom Brady throws a lovely deep ball

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

corn on the cop posted:

Yea, but he somehow fixed it this offseason and had a great year hitting Chris Hogan (of all people) on deep passes

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Mar 30, 2017

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

corn on the cop posted:

We're only talking about the greatest of all time in this thread??

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Josh McCown looks like an off-brand Dolph Lundgren.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Josh McCown looks like an off-brand Dolph Lundgren.

He does, that is only part of what makes him awesome. That and he will pass for a million yards on the Ravens.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Carson Wentz missed :smith:

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Josh McCown owns the franchises single game passing yardage record, but it's the Browns. Might not even make him elite, let alone GOAT.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
I'm constantly conflicted whenever I'm cheering for Jameis Winston. He forces me to do a lot of introspection every time he does something good.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

marioinblack posted:

I'm constantly conflicted whenever I'm cheering for Jameis Winston. He forces me to do a lot of introspection every time he does something good.

Yeah he's good at forcing things.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Darth Brooks posted:

Jim Brown beat up women.

But enough about the Rams :stat::wal:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Febreeze posted:

John Elway looks like a loving horse and his only SB wins came from being carried to the top after he was old and broken, and his petulance on draft day contributed directly to the Colts leaving and eventually the Browns leaving too

oh gently caress, John Elway told Baltimore to gently caress itself, and then the Colts bailed a few years later, which led to the Browns eventually going to Baltimore. Eli told San Diego to gently caress itself, and now the Chargers moved.

Browns to San Diego in like a decade?

The whole point of San Diego is to not have browns.

Doltos posted:

Saladin was perhaps too generous with the Christian West and that allowed further conflicts to occur due to the hubris of crusader Kings.

:vince:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Dave Meggett was a serial rapist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Johnny was a drunk and a womanizer, but that was show business.

Ed never came to my house with a giant novelty check for 10 million dollars :mad:

• Locked thread