Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Post your hounds. Sight hounds are welcome too. My cat will someday make an appearance with the hound.

Hound people are weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Snoozin

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

That is a nice sheep hound. A borgle I believe.

so brave

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

Hounds are the best dogs and it's not close. Who wants a dog that listens to you that's boring.

Also everyone knows floppy ears are the best part of dogs, so the extra surface area on a hound's ears renders all other breeds inferior. Hounds uber alles.
Yes

Huskalator posted:

I have a really hyperactive 9 mo old walker hound. Will this wild beast ever chill the f out? Got any good toys recs to keep her occupied for an hour or so?
My basset has only really chilled out after two years old and they're the lazy breed, but he still needs hours of walking/playing.

https://www.amazon.com/OurPets-Smar...=treat+ball+dog
https://www.amazon.com/PetSafe-Budd...A31Q36W55H&th=1
Frozen kongs

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

^^^^^ They're poop snow foxes.

Silly guy is trying to hide what he's munching on.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

My hound does that a lot. I like to think he's smelling something from a mile away.

I now notice with the duck feet you have a basset sheep hound. A bassheepard.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

remember the file extensionnnnnnnnn

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Hahaha cute af

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

SachielDVangel posted:

Some real poo poo:

So how often is the hare hosed?

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

A Proper Uppercut posted:

Soooo if my dog dna results are true, my dog is not any hound at all. She is equal parts pit bull, Great Pyrenees, and too mixed to be able to tell (though I guess there could be hound in there). Not what I expected at all.

maybe you have the alpha/proto hound with such a mix!

SachielDVangel posted:

I'd guess about 20% of the time with Junior. He's a CC CM (Humbabarauma of Synergon CC CM) so a Coursing Champion and Courser of Merit with NOFCA, both titles requiring kills. He's one of the only afghans (and hounds for that matter) to have caught a hare each day at the Grand Course which is like the big season ender for open field coursing. He's one badass afghan hound. We used him for our second litter out of Soleil which gave us our Brienne, the bitch running in the first pic. She's won Best in Event at the Afghan Hound Club of America National Specialty twice now in '14 and '16 (her brother won it in '15 (yellow in the second pic)).
I'll get a shot of my basset pulling an afghan with a squirrel someday....

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I wish B didn't eat poo; he'd have no smell then. Sometimes he smells like a river!

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

basset hounds are able to lick their ear using the cone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

• Locked thread