Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Nur_Neerg posted:

Just messin' with ya, but I do have to say I LOVE crazy inclement weather games. Stayed in the crowd bodypainted for a game in Blacksburg my freshman year against TAMU that had a hurricane pass through, was far too much fun (and far too cold).

Hell yeah, that was my senior year. Wore a Panama Jack hat that took such a beating it was never the same. Great game, but even better fan experience in the student section.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

4* DB out of GA Kyler McMichael committed to Clemson.

A Rivals guy wrote this and it made me laugh

quote:

McMichael realized less than a week ago after a visit to Tennessee that there was no reason for him to delay his decision any longer.

He committed to Clemson Friday morning

Our class is filling up, 12 commits already when we are taking 14 or 15. Still need a RB and have been targeting Zamir White but sounds like he is going to UNC. He commits next week. Other big target is DE KJ Henry.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians

lamentable dustman posted:

4* DB out of GA Kyler McMichael committed to Clemson.

A Rivals guy wrote this and it made me laugh

Our class is filling up, 12 commits already when we are taking 14 or 15. Still need a RB and have been targeting Zamir White but sounds like he is going to UNC. He commits next week. Other big target is DE KJ Henry.

KJ Henry's Bama's to lose.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

lamentable dustman posted:

Still need a RB and have been targeting Zamir White but sounds like he is going to UNC.

UGA you mean.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I could honestly see Zamir going to either UGA or UNC. I think UNC would see him getting playing time faster, but if he lived up to his billing, I could see him being 1b to Swift's 1a. We already do that with Chubb and Michell depending on number of carries, what the down and distance is, and if someone has recently blown out an important ligament lately. I don't know what is up with Holyfield (maybe injury?) and Herrien seems good but inconsistent (though our OL has a lot to do with that), so who knows.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
4* RB Lyn-J Dixon just committed to the Vols

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
UT picked up a WR with 4.3 speed.

http://texas.247sports.com/Article/Rondale-Moore-commits-to-Texas-Longhorns-53308693

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The real UT picked up another RB commit out of Ga, this time 3* Anthony Grant.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

FSU picks up a 4* OL who's like 340 and doesn't destroy his south Georgia high school competition like he should but he has an Alabama offer so that bodes well

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Another commit for UT in the span of 2-ish hours. Jamarcus Chatman, 3* DT that recently decommited from LSU, just committed to the Vols

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Houston beat back an all out press from Syracuse for 3* QB Chance Amie. Keeps the northeast Texas to UH pipeline going and he's got a good chance to be the starter after Kyle Allen leaves -

http://247sports.com/Player/Chance-Amie-87569

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Zamir White chose UGA

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

KKKLIP ART posted:

Zamir White chose UGA

Dude says he models his game after Gurley. :fap:

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

Dude says he models his game after Gurley. :fap:

6'1" and 225, I think when Gurley was a junior he was playing same height and 235 so he is in the same mold.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

quote:

Corral was to the point when asked what it was about Florida that stood out.

There is nobody there. I could potentially start. I mean Malik Zaire is there, he told me there, but they havent named a starter yet.

Corral is well aware Florida is also chasing fellow five-star quarterback Justin Fields. Have the Gators officially offered Corral, as no tender has been reported to date?

Yeah, but the reason I havent said anything or posted it is because they told me not to, so I didnt. It was pretty straight up.

"We really like you but please don't tell the other QB we're recruiting!"

**Tells to a recruiting website**

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians

pillsburysoldier posted:

"We really like you but please don't tell the other QB we're recruiting!"

**Tells to a recruiting website**

Ha that's hilarious. Seems like Fields is leaning away from Florida. Fields being the QB is also a huge part of the draw to UF for 4* TE Kyle Pitts. Currently leaders are supposedly UF and VT in that order, but he's decided to visit Blacksburg again soon, and our star QB commit is in his ear and on his team at The Opening. Here's hoping Fields picks Auburn or FSU.

Both of them in drills today.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
There were some interesting rumors about why Bronco picked the job at UVA when he has no connections to the area whatsoever and well, if the 2-10 season didn't convince you his recruiting probably will.

UVA currently has 17 recruits. 5 of those recruits only have UVA as a P5 offer and another 4 only had one other P5 (Kentucky, Kansas, Wazzu, WVU). 15 of their 17 have less than 5 P5 offers and one of those two is a kid who garnered a ton of offers based on early freshman/sophomore stuff and who has just been given a rare downgrade from 3* to 2* on 247 because he peaked early and everyone else caught up.

All of this follows the #57 class they pulled in last year. Bronco is so in over his head it's astounding. It honestly wouldn't surprise me to see him gone by 2018's end.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Crotch Bat posted:

There were some interesting rumors about why Bronco picked the job at UVA when he has no connections to the area whatsoever and well, if the 2-10 season didn't convince you his recruiting probably will.

UVA currently has 17 recruits. 5 of those recruits only have UVA as a P5 offer and another 4 only had one other P5 (Kentucky, Kansas, Wazzu, WVU). 15 of their 17 have less than 5 P5 offers and one of those two is a kid who garnered a ton of offers based on early freshman/sophomore stuff and who has just been given a rare downgrade from 3* to 2* on 247 because he peaked early and everyone else caught up.

All of this follows the #57 class they pulled in last year. Bronco is so in over his head it's astounding. It honestly wouldn't surprise me to see him gone by 2018's end.

OTOH, UVA is a mess and has been bad since '07 and sometimes schools in that situation have to forge their own path on the recruiting trail to get ahead. The strategy being to get in on players early and try to hold on for dear life if they have good senior seasons and the other schools start missing out on their top prospects to go after these lower recruited ones.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Brandon Doe, a minor prospect, but one of Georgia's top high school rushers last year, has been charged with armed robbery and two counts of aggravated assault.

Doe was getting looks from smaller Division I schools as a junior and had some offers. Talked with a scout from one of these during a spring game this year (for another high school) about area athletes and we were both impressed by him.

There looks to be solid evidence against him, based on the other kid getting popped because of what was found at Doe's residence.

So that looks to be the end of his chances.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
4-star DT Greg Emerson committed to the Vols tonight. #1 player in Tennessee.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Demon Of The Fall posted:

4-star DT Greg Emerson committed to the Vols tonight. #1 player in Tennessee.

He should be a 5* the kid is ridiculous

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Joey Freshwater posted:

He should be a 5* the kid is ridiculous

Our D-like for 2018 is gonna be ridiculous if they all stick around.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

2018 4* RB James Cook decommits from FSU, scuttlebutt has has him also coming to UGA which would be ridiculous.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

3* OL Jordan McFadden picked VT yesterday in a unique way. Starts about 40 seconds in.

https://www.facebook.com/DormanFootball/videos/1272224922900613/

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
#1 TE Jeremy Ruckert commits to Ohio State, reclaims top class.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

VT's recent LS commit just got ranked. If he was a part of UVA's class he would be their 2nd highest commit out of a class of 19.

UVA is so mega-hosed for the future.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/onlygators/status/887434445749235712

Mac remembered we have a 2018 class

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

UGA got a big-time WR commit which means apparently we have the #1 and #2 WR for 2019 (for now!) which is cool. If we can build an O-line so our quarterback has a second or two to target those receivers, that'd be cool too.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/joshnewberg247/status/888110051210047488

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Now if we can land Waddle and Pinckney and also Tindell and Fields

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/ghost_boi4/status/888096385115017217

4 star TE Kyle Pitts picks Florida.

2018 class slowly growing. Cool and good.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

pillsburysoldier posted:

Now if we can land Waddle and Pinckney and also Tindell and Fields

Fields spending A LOT of time at FSU. :getin:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

wandler20 posted:

Fields spending A LOT of time at FSU. :getin:

He's at UF today

we have no shot :smith:

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Some UGA trash forum says we have given up on fields for us, so take that for what it's worth.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

KKKLIP ART posted:

Some UGA trash forum says we have given up on fields for us, so take that for what it's worth.

We also have Corral in tonight. I don't know if he's a backup plan or if he's become our chief focus.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Ehud posted:

We also have Corral in tonight. I don't know if he's a backup plan or if he's become our chief focus.

Other than hearing that the staff wanted one or the other, I haven't read anything from ~*~INSIDERS~*~ saying much about Corral. Honestly it would be awesome to get either but I just don't see it behind Eason and Fromm.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/joshnewberg247/status/888491665006051328

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Feels like that's where this is all headed

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Yeah so Corral is now 82% crystal balls to UF. Some think he'll commit before the weekend ends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I don't expect us to sign a 2018 quarterback. Maybe not even a 2019, but that would worry me. Eason is probably out at the end of the 2018 season to go pro. Fromm probably red shirts this year since we convinced Ramsey to stay, which means he could play his 3 and be at 2020, or 2021 if he decided to play all 4.

• Locked thread