Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I'm a real fan of Welcome to the Basement. It's not your typical internet movie review thing where they pick a poo poo film and try and make it funny. The only gimmick to the show (aside from theme months) is that Matt Sloan (formerly Chad Vader) has not seen the film before so it's always seen with fresh eyes and often something he's wanted to see for years. They're not looking to poo poo on a movie, they're looking to enjoy it and that can be a joy to watch.

Also, they're really funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

lornekates posted:

+77 for Pretty Good. I'm not really INTO sports, but know enough to follow along. And even if I didn't, his storytelling skills are great-- and the stories that he picks sufficiently interesting/insane/unique enough that they transcend "itz a spoorts story!"

It is a shame about the Russian guy one. I never got to see it. I assume it's gone because of a copyright issue, and he just never bothered to corporate-overlord-friendlyify it.

This is basically how it is for me too. He's a fantastic storyteller. He tells you about subjects that he loves or that fascinate him and that carries over--in part due to what appears to be a staggering level of research.

• Locked thread