Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Yahtzee's Super Smash Bros he did a few years back will never not be funny, purely because of the sheet venom aimed at the guy from Nintendo fans. The original Escapist thread saw a ton of bans and the like because of loving death threats towards the guy.

I'm pretty amazed he's kept his mouth shut about interactions with fans over the years. He's a massive dork, but seems pretty savvy with keeping himself in line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Lonos Oboe posted:

I have wondered many times over the last year or so why Yahtzee doesn't just go onto Patreon and do his schtick there and make the 12 grand a month or however much Jim Sterling makes.

I figure it's two reasons.

1. The Escapist "owns" his Zero Punctuation ip. As I heard that some other shows that were cancelled could not go on and continue with their own work on youtube.

2. Jim Sterling works like a mule to put content out and who the gently caress wants that?

Any thoughts on that one?

He owns a bar, now a franchise I think, writes novels, does coding, and some freelance journalism. Dude's probably way too busy to go full time with ZP.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

LFK posted:

Closed in 2015

Ah, that's a pity. Last I heard the dude was planning to franchise, but it obviously fell through. Don't really keep up with him outside of ZP. :v:

• Locked thread