Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Lonos Oboe posted:

Sometimes with review videos, the reason you may not like a certain reviewer is because of their politics and how it affects their perception. The "death of the author" can be a hard enough thing to do watching a Woody Allen film or a Tom Cruise action movie. With an online reviewer it can be really hard. Even if you agree with most of a person's politics, they can be such insufferable cunts about it that you can't help but dislike them. Or you feel they are championing something not said enough.

You can't separate a reviewer from their politics so I think it's worth mentioning if a reviewer is partial to bringing it up.

Folks like Yahtzee and Red Letter Media generally avoid it. (Sometimes they can't help it, but I never found their work politically motivated from what I have seen) But Moviebob or Anita Sarkeesian can't help but have it. I think it''s best for the list being compiled to highlight if they have a certain leaning viewpoint. But add no further judgement on them.

Also, I just discovered Comic Book Girl 19 I have only seen maybe 5 videos, but I really like her perspective on comic book movies and comic books in general. Maybe someone who has seen more of her stuff. can add more details.

I think the primary reason behind the "no politics" rule is because the Internet Critic thread in RGD devolves into lovely screaming matches roughly five times every hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread