Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Kim Justice does ludicrously detailed looks into video games, video game history and even video game TV shows. It's EXTREMELY well researched: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?elmyrdehory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

nine-gear crow posted:

SF Debris should probably be in the OP too. For those who haven't heard of SF Debris, it's run by a guy named Chuck who does video reviews of, as his site name implies, science fiction and fantasy works (TV shows, movies, books, anime and animated material, video games, and comics). His primary area of focus is on the Star Trek franchise, and reviews of individual Trek episodes from across the 5 TV shows and 13 movies make up the overwhelming majority of his work thus far, but a quick glance at the sidebar of the site will show you the full breadth of what he's covered over all. He's notable for his open-mided reviewing style and for generally allowing a work to stand or fall on its own merits. He also goes above and beyond in delving into the creation of certain films or shows and how that creative process led to its success or failure, such as the 10 minute introduction to his review of Titan AE which chronicled the stop and start development hell that ultimately broke the film before work even began on it.

He's also done anime reviews, but has devastatingly bad luck since his reviews are almost all suggestions by fans and he's stuck reviewing two hyper boring lovely series in full.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Maxamillion Dood is the Anti-DSP. He's actually good at fighting games, manages to have a chill and fun personality, and is totally cool if he loses a battle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?Miles923

He's also got a really fun series in Boss Rage where he goes after the hardest bosses in fighting game history. There's some ANGRY YELLING but it's 100% in good fun and he's actually funny. Check out his Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat history series too.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Also avoid literally every single political video they make as they are universally awful.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Hbomberguy posted:

He's amazing.

My favourite cooking video is what me and my friends call 'DSP and the family breakfast mystery', in which where he makes egg-in-a-hole toast and calls it 'egg with a hole in the middle' and has no idea what the name is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_LgMrkRrRI
Highlights:

- "I'd rather get breakfasts out of the way before I tackle any advanced recipes."
- Using PAM to spray the pan instead of cooking with butter, aka, the things you loving cook bread and eggs with, you disgusting food criminal
- Despite being a video about cooking, and a simple recipe that shouldn't take ten minutes yet somehow does, he still had to cook the bacon in advance
- He drops the eggshell directly onto the bread
- "Technically, it's not a sandwich, because there's holes in it"
- "here are two pieces of what we like to call egg with the hole in the middle *holds up two pieces of uncooked bread, egg completely obscured by cold pre-cooked bacon and unmelted processed cheese*
- *pokes the bread, discovers it is soft and not toast* "It's very lightly toasted"
- "You can do healthy variations on this"

I don't want to come across as making fun of this guy. I genuinely love and am entertained by this man's food videos and hope he never stops, for me he's just a fantastic oddity on par with Masaokis in terms of sheer awkward entertainment. You couldn't make funnier cooking videos if you tried - some people have tried to parody his food videos and they can never be as good

DSP is really really funny, and I want to like the dude purely by how hilariously inept he is, but the dude's got a really nasty mean streak that sours me on him. It's funny the first time when he shrieks about losing a fighting game match, it starts being infuriating and awful when he screams and calls people retards, loses, shitheads, autistic and other poo poo because he can't win. Masoakis's home is a wreck but he's at least funny and pretty chill (and shockingly sane and relaxed in his 'normal' home) and not an angry dickhead.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Cyron posted:

hey horrible poster cyron here i am wondering if we can bring up internet critics/podcasters who review wrestling. i recommend any podcast from Kevin Mahon like the attitude era podcast and how2wrestling. https://soundcloud.com/the-attitude-era-podcast

i feel their a good mix of jokes and when poo poo goes down that is horrable they call it out.

Seconding this.

If you don't like Wrestling I'd still say check out the AE podcast as it's really funny and the guys have a great chemistry together. You don't need any real knowledge on the subject as they explain it all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Deport The Irish posted:

Yes, I literally believed that Shellshellshells has uploaded a video for every single thing CinemaSins has ever made. You have successfully defended his honor. I am slain. (I'm not literally dead, don't freak out)

Those videos are still bad, though.

Well, in response to that part I personally think you have bad taste in entertainment. The only thing worse than a nitpick video is an even longer nitpick video.

There, I have now responded to all parts of your comment. You are freed from your curse.

Why are you so weirdly hostile about internet videos?

• Locked thread