Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LordZoric
Aug 30, 2012

Let's wish for a space whale!
Hey a good thread! I like it.

I want to signal boost PopArena's stuff. He's a goon here and I discovered him when searching for some stuff on the Doctor Who book series. He mostly reviews books and TV shows and is quite good at it! He deserves way more subs/views than he has now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordZoric
Aug 30, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

Yahtzee's Super Smash Bros he did a few years back will never not be funny, purely because of the sheet venom aimed at the guy from Nintendo fans. The original Escapist thread saw a ton of bans and the like because of loving death threats towards the guy.

I'm pretty amazed he's kept his mouth shut about interactions with fans over the years. He's a massive dork, but seems pretty savvy with keeping himself in line.

Which is really funny because Brawl is now pretty widely regarded as not too hot post Smash 4. Yahtzee has been vindicated.

Also want to give add another one: The Video Game Historian. He talks about... the history of video games. I'll point to his video on The Creation of the ESRB as a great example of his stuff.

LordZoric has a new favorite as of 23:34 on Feb 7, 2017

LordZoric
Aug 30, 2012

Can't believe I forgot this guy! SuperBunnyHop is another really great video game critic. His videos are either about reviewing specific games, events or concepts in gaming. A recent video he did talked about getting to play the "Nintendo Playstation" Prototype where he interviews the owners of a once-mythical piece of gaming history.

Also, he loves you.

LordZoric
Aug 30, 2012

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

Has anyone bought/borrowed copies of the films featured in Best of the Worst? I must admit I've been tempted by Xtro and Dangerous Men. Anyone else?

It's probably safe to say we've all watched Space Mutiny. I'd like to see Xtro too. That seemed pretty cool.

LordZoric
Aug 30, 2012

poparena posted:

Posted a new Doctor Who Book Guide, this time on Gareth Robert's "The Highest Science", a book that on surface is about hubris but really is about funny cyborg turtles.

Hey I just wanted to say, thank you for making these! It's what got me into your channel. I missed the books during the wilderness years, so it's great that you're going through them.

Absolute kudos on the Animorphs stuff too. That took major dedication.

• Locked thread