Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poparena
Oct 31, 2012

I did a video on Ken Grimwood's "Replay", which is about time loops, death and home video equipment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poparena
Oct 31, 2012

Posted a new Doctor Who Book Guide, this time on Gareth Robert's "The Highest Science", a book that on surface is about hubris but really is about funny cyborg turtles.

poparena
Oct 31, 2012

LordZoric posted:

Hey I just wanted to say, thank you for making these! It's what got me into your channel. I missed the books during the wilderness years, so it's great that you're going through them.

Absolute kudos on the Animorphs stuff too. That took major dedication.

Thank you!

Newest episode of Breaking Spines is up, this time on "E.T.: The Book of the Green Planet" by William Kotzwinkle, a rare case to a book sequel to a film that otherwise doesn't have a sequel.

poparena
Oct 31, 2012

Book review: Everworld Book Guide - #4 Realm of the Reaper by K.A. Applegate.
This one's a bit gross.

poparena
Oct 31, 2012

I've started a show-by-show retrospective on Nickelodeon. Yes, that's a lot of TV.

Introduction
Episode #001 - QUBE
Episode #002 - Pinwheel

poparena
Oct 31, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

Let me know when you get to "Today's Special."

Today's Special is projected to be episode #027.

MariusLecter posted:

Does this mean youll cover Ren and Stimpy?

I do, assuming we're all alive by the time I get to it. It's a long way down the road, currently projected to be episode #107.

poparena
Oct 31, 2012

Two new episode of Nick Knacks!

First, we have Video Comics, a show on Nickelodeon just sorta reads comic books to you. It's a cheap filler show, but a good opportunity to explore Nickelodeon's mob roots. No, really.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMjn0PobLsc

Then, for the Halloween season, we jump ahead to 1986 to talk about Marc Summers' Mystery Magical Special, a spooky-themed magic show meant to get kids invested in that guy hosting Double Dare.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcAKCd3CSHA

poparena
Oct 31, 2012

Two new episodes of Nick Knacks. First, a 1989 Thanksgiving special that led to the creation of the Nicktoons, and then jumping back to 1979, America Goes Bananaz, Nickelodeon's first variety show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poparena
Oct 31, 2012

The long-lost episode five of Nick Knacks is now available. This one is one a forgotten show called "Hocus Focus," about a medieval wizard who travels to the present day of 1979, but more importantly, this is a video about it's creator and star, puppeteer Brad Williams, his life and career and how we treat art as a hierarchy. If you watch one episode of Nick Knacks, make it this one.

• Locked thread