Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
sanders is letting cruz get away with murder here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Thoguh posted:

Wait, is Ted Cruz now advocating for coverage for pre-existing conditions?

this is the gop swindle. they will "allow people with pre-existing conditions" to keep their insurance, except provide no cost control mechanisms that actually makes that feasible. congratulations, you can keep your insurance! for a mere $10k a month, it can be yours!

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
"a lot of young people supported my campaign" -a liar, ted cruz

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
sanders should be less civil

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
this is extremely frustrating. i feel like cruz is peddling extreme distortions about what the aca is and offering extreme solutions, and sanders isn't doing a great job at explaining it. i mean what cruz is offering is straight up snake oil, but right now he looks like a guy offering a civil alternative

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

TheDon01 posted:

Ya wtf was that. He was just getting to the loving punchline

just typical cnn, they're going to a commercial and there's nothing you can do about it

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

logikv9 posted:

How was the debate?

generally i think a debate went poorly when i start yelling at the screen, and this was no exception

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Cruz did a good job explaining why Obamacare is poo poo from a conservative perspective. He did a poo poo job of explaining why repeal rather than a fix is the path forward.

the issue is, that's where the gop wants the debate. they want to talk about obamacare being poo poo. i think sanders got some hits in, but overall i think cruz got away with murder. the bottom line is: under the gop's plan, insurance companies will be allowed to charge whatever they want for health insurance. your only "choice" will be either get extorted by insurance companies, or go bankrupt when you get sick. when cruz says that people with pre-existing conditions will be able to keep their health insurance, he doesn't mention that he thinks controlling the price they pay for that insurance is government intrusion. and bernie didn't call him out. and bernie gets tantalizingly close to making his point when he talks about the price of drugs vs. pharma profits, but he keeps the debate small by talking about drug re-importation and medicare negotiation. for fucks sake, just straight up say: drug companies should not be allowed to charge outrageous sums, and the "fix" we need is to control those prices - instead of $50 billion in drug company profits, they should make a few billion and the rest should go to bringing down those prices. and cruz got to keep talking about his fda legislation as if he wasn't going to gut them and allow insurance companies to make even higher profits while people pay the same prices for those less safe versions of the same drugs they already get.

this was not an even debate. to win, cruz only needed the gop plan to look like a reasonable, if imperfect, alternative. sanders needed to make it look extreme and life-threatening. cruz succeeded, bernie did not.

Concerned Citizen has issued a correction as of 05:09 on Feb 8, 2017

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

FaustianQ posted:

"We should just let the poor people die, it's too much effort and oh god waiting lines"

Looks like a viable alternative to me! -Concerned Citizen, 2017.

what the hell are you talking about? my argument is not that cruz was right, he is a lying sack of poo poo. my problem is bernie didn't make the case as strongly as he should have.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

FaustianQ posted:

Please refer yourself to your "TL:DR" in which you state Ted Cruz succeeded in making his healthcare plan titled "Kill all Poors" look like a viable alternative.

if cruz had said "kill the poors," this would be a good point. instead, cruz argued that people with pre-existing conditions will still be covered, that everyone will get more choice at less cost, and we can bring down healthcare costs by gutting the fda. as per usual with the gop, he sold a bullshit fantasy that even he knows is nonsense.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

FaustianQ posted:

Well yea, the basic premise is like dealing with maintenance on any kind of system, preventative trumps curative by a mile.

EDIT: My point CC, is that besides people with preexisting conditions being covered, none of that sounds like an actual sane proposal.

well, to our left-of-idiotville ears it does not sound sane. to actual voters, the kind of voters who supported donald trump, it sounds like something achievable if only the darn government wasn't so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Prorat posted:

CNN is fake news.

i'm so mad that cnn screened questions

• Locked thread