Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

the guy who lost to hillary clinton vs the guy who lost to donald trump

gently caress it, it's not like i had anything better to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Al! posted:

i've noticed that ted cruz's upper lip has gotten significantly more cheney-esque

i wonder if it's a boheman grove thing

it's what happens when your lips are worn down by hot takes

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Relevant Tangent posted:

Everyone likes Yinlock tho?

i assure you this isn't true but thank you nonetheless

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Sir Tonk posted:

I'm a vet with a service connected disability, free healthcare for life :smugdog:

you're hosed

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Captain_Maclaine posted:

It's a common canard that I've been hearing literally my entire life, usually about this one guy you know about in Canada or Britain who had to wait [UNREASONABLE TIME] for [SERIOUS COMPLAINT] no I can't give you his name how dare you question my integrity.

this is stage 2 after you get universal healthcare, people bitching about lines because they can't imagine a world where they have to pay to survive injuries, because that's insane

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Sir Tonk posted:

jesus loving christ what is cruz's obsession with the old country

slavery

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

bump_fn posted:

do u not understand what "actually tax the rich" means u loving idiot

but that would affect the lives of breaklaw's favorite rapists

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lastgirl posted:

It's because we're using squandering all that spending to keep it up in the rich people's nest and they horde it.

If we prioritized the budget, this would be a non issue.

You just cannot fathom how much wealth America, at all. If there wasn't such a major dysfunction of class status and where people could earn fair wages enough to pay off all this poo poo, you wouldn't be regurgitating such a boring line without much thought to it.

don't forget giving it all to a military that cannot actually spend it fast enough

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Fidel Castronaut posted:

ted, you wish all the queers would have died of aids, which was a punishment from god, you piece of poo poo.

excuse me but he prayed really hard to ward off storms, and the storms ended, qed

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

kaleedity posted:

listen the republicans should just admit their health insurance replacement plan is actually just a wikipedia link to the prisoner's dilemma

ted gnawed off the "ally" button

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

breaklaw posted:

That still wouldn't be enough to pay for Bernie's plans, and once you raise the rate over a certain point you actually start losing revenue. Look at what happened in France with Hollande's 75% tax bracket. He believed in it until it was proven to him to be counter-productive.

won't someone think of the rapists

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

consumed by normies posted:

lol those flyover state rednecks sure are dumb and fat!!

actually the obesity epidemic is heavily tied to poverty and another front of the class war by the capitalists on the poor and working class.

this is true, but also they're dumb and fat because they think this is cool and good

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lastgirl posted:

as always, a lot of problems are always in the middle

the fact that it has been such an ongoing issue, it's become culturally acceptable when you're bombarded with adverts and consumerist lifestyle and associate with branding as part of your identity

I have a feeling you're a bit young on the side yinlock, no offense. You seem to ask a lot of questions that are basic when they have complicated answers with an amalgamation of results instead of just one reason as to why.

As you grow older you will start to notice that people literally live or die by their brand of choice as if was a part of their identity, which is why you will see twitter slapfights over mcdonalds vs wendy being the best because you feel like you personalized the choice and its a part of you.

They are "dumb and fat" because it is all they have learned in their small rural bubble as a new KFC sets up in town and its all that they have to look forward to at the end of the week of work with little pay to compensate.

i'm actually late-20s, and i think living by a brand of choice is extremely loving idiotic

My Life Brought To You By Pampers

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Jennifer's Baby Shower Brought To You By Nerf ArrowStorm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lastgirl posted:

Well yes, that pretty much goes without saying. I don't think I ever actually said, you should consider Nike > Adidas because I've consumed all things Nike and that makes me more worthy. That's how some people think, on the uneducated side in their small little world. You can mock them all you want, it still doesn't change the very fact that their fate is lovely and gross. :shrug: I'm also trying to explain that that is part of the cultural indoctrination, which affects their logic, reasoning which in turn affects their decision making, and which in turn is why we have TRUMP~

fair enough

also i was aware of the whole "they've been brutalized by decades of right-wing indoctrination and will actively fight against any attempts to help them as their entire life crumbles to nothing" thing

that's kind of a mouthful so i just stick with "they dumb lol"

doesn't mean they don't need or deserve help

• Locked thread