Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

According to Ted Cruz the worst thing about public healthcare is that everybody uses it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Turdfuzz posted:

how the gently caress can anyone like ted cruz

Texas

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

"Sssssenators"

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Turdfuzz posted:

they are prolly more unhealthy cuz they are fucken poor ding dong

poverty is a choice, friend

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

"The problem with medicaid is that it's underfunded." :hmm:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Mister we could use a man like Bernie Sanders again

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

breaklaw posted:

Does Bernie think saying "We are the wealthiest country in the world" just magically creates a supply of unlimited money to spend however he wants? I'm starting to think Hillary was right and he really thinks like that.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Just cure cancer. Problem solved! Duh.

heart decease

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Why does the government create so many barriers for cheaper drugs? Also, where's that cash register sound coming from?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Taxes work by seizing one big lump sum for a whole year, right? That's why we all file taxes in one month a year. - Ted Cruz

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

breaklaw posted:

That still wouldn't be enough to pay for Bernie's plans, and once you raise the rate over a certain point you actually start losing revenue. Look at what happened in France with Hollande's 75% tax bracket. He believed in it until it was proven to him to be counter-productive.

That's right. A 95% bracket would be way more productive.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Turdfuzz posted:

cowbell made that song good tho

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

breaklaw posted:

Didn't you just hear Cruz say that even a 100% tax wouldn't pay for it? Do you think Cruz is lying and using fake numbers to get to that answer?

Yes.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Fake Cruz

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

logikv9 posted:

How was the debate?

Every rear end in a top hat boss you've ever had thought Cruz won.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Tweet Me Balls posted:

If all the money in the world won't be enough for universal healthcare, how the fricking HECK does ted think people can afford it in the first place???

All the countries with a UHS fund it with Monopoly money.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

breaklaw posted:

And then what do you do once that's money is all spent? how do you keep the system funded for the future? You have to have recurring revenue, in this case recurring tax revenue, and you seriously think people being taxed at 100% are going to keep producing at the same level? Do you? Why?

Rich people don't produce anything.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Pomp posted:

lol you think people that rich actually produce

Capital is generated by the unique force of will.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Do not quote Concerned Citizen.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Agean90 posted:

He has a point though.

No.

breaklaw posted:

Math is math.

Ted Cruz and Hillary's maths are bullshit. Taxes don't work that way, and the plan would not be so expensive the richest country in the world could never afford it.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Thanks. :hfive:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

CC's premise is that Cruz somehow got away with murder, even though everyone in the audience can see he's the Zodiac Killer.

Those women weren't enough. Taking away healthcare will be the greatest serial killing in history.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Al! posted:

Mass can pass but miss got rear end.

:bernpop:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I liked how Sanders pointedly asked her what happens if any of her employees get sick, and her response was literally "I dunno."

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 18:50 on Feb 8, 2017

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Al! posted:

what if the government took over healthcare and heavily subsidized things like food, housing and utilities, and provided a minimum income to all americans, then people could afford to take jobs with lower wages!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?! that almost seems like it would be in a small business owner's interests

*thinking of a new lambo* but the taxes tho

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/829156719829905408

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

"I was in a position this past year to purchase a lake home." > "I can't afford insurance for myself for the first time because of Obamacare."

• Locked thread