Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

breaklaw posted:

Didn't you just hear Cruz say that even a 100% tax wouldn't pay for it? Do you think Cruz is lying and using fake numbers to get to that answer? He's not the only one who has done that math you know, Hillary came up with the exact same answer.

I'm starting to see why Bernie is so popular, people really believe this guy can perform miracles or something.

The notion that USA cannot "afford" universal healthcare while most other first world countries do while simultaneously being poorer in every metric than the US is ludicrous.

So ludicrous, that people from the rest of the world viewing this debate are laughing their asses off. And simultaneously weeping for the average American.

Let that sink in for a minute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

I sat down today and watched the debate on youtube. I am biased as I live in a country that has universal healthcare.

Overall, I think that Sanders did a better job. I didn't like the way the hair salon question played out though.

Do you think that Sanders could do better in that particular question? In what way?

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Thoguh posted:

I think he could have done a better job there if he'd steered the conversation towards single payer and making it so healthcare isn't tied to employment. That would ensure everyone is covered and level the playing field for employers.

That was my thought too. If I understand correctly the current system (please correct me where I am wrong), a employer that has lets say 45 employees has an active interest to not hire more people, because he is going to pay more money per person than he did before. This combined with a business that has small profit margins essentially stops growth, since keeping the employee number lower than the limit helps you undercut bigger businesses while still steamrolling smaller ones.

In a single payer system, that is not the case, right?

• Locked thread