Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Patrick Spens posted:

I'm pulling for an early slapfight as both sides try to take a commanding position on La Cote.

why would they? the position is a simple detour - neither side knows where the other's at, and indirect fire isn't really a Thing at this point in the war

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i mean, once they run into each other they'll curse that they didn't do it, but aaah ha ha

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i honestly feel like the french were a little harshly punished for that heavy artillery cock-up

it doesn't seem as though they're actually going to get much use out of those guns at all at this point

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Trin Tragula posted:

Comedy option is right, dude :laugh:

doesn't mydad have standing orders to pursue? he certainly seems to think that he has

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

they exhausted a pretty valuable asset early on for questionable gain, but it's difficult to be too harsh on them imo - they were trying to contest an objective, when the entente had just lost a battle over what amounts to a technicality wrt the same type of objective

• Locked thread