Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

This seems fun. I'd like a mid-level sort of command where I can use my incompetence to mangle the flow of information from the bottom to the top and vice versa in cruel and unusual ways. By my rough count sides are equal in size right now so I'll join the Germans as General von Lauslecker. Under my command, suicide shall be the only way to avoid an Iron Cross.

aphid_licker fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Feb 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Comrade Koba posted:

This!

Maybe this time I'll actually finish the battle with less than 90% casualties. :unsmith:

French already suffering from low fighting spirit, excellent :getin:

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

The cities on the extreme left of the map, top to bottom, are Faibleimpôt-les-Carreaux, Haltebruit, and Quatreprout.

aphid_licker fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Feb 9, 2017

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Trin, how are you handling the bookkeeping? Do you have a physical board set up?

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

We probably should've realized that isolated French companies were not a particularly likely thing to be occurring tho.

While we're doing mea culpas the decision to concentrate all the heavy arty in one brigade was breathtakingly stupid. There was no guarantee that it'd end up where needed and it was utterly dependent on one brigade's worth of infantry for staying power.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Can't quite decide if I'm happy or sad that we didn't get to see that final grand French assault that would've killed us all.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Our artillery use was turbofucked. I'm pretty sure the heavy guns did not fire once. We should have moved more deliberately. Guess the initial rush with orders to 19D to ignore enemy units can sort of be put into this category.

I swallowed hard when I saw the ending map. As I understand Mon Pere literally saved us the (shameful) win with his suicide. Otherwise we would have been party wiped, doubly so if the French had concentrated on a flank rather than an all-around assault.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

That little hamlet to the northwest of La Dand is clearly Cinqueprouts

aphid_licker fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Mar 6, 2017

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Can't go wrong with a pointy motherfuckin hat

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Hagioscope is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

I like the added realism of the Pickelhaube giving a +1 to hit and damage in close combat

• Locked thread