Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

I am surprisingly not going to object to this, but will be Entente provided that I can secretly really fight for L'Internationale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

The big wood should definitely be Boulangier Bois, no doubt soon to be renamed Boolanges Wood

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

I

Put

20 in

Concrete Poetry

At Verdun

At

Verdun

They gave
Me

The croix de gurre

And a wooden
Leg
And
A
Wood
En
Leg

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Good game all. Not sure it's all that necessary to have perfectly balanced maps or victory conditions, especially if we are aware that's the case.

The initial German plan of en masse overwhelming force straight down to their objective was much better than ours, which strung us out deploying west-east before turning on the objective. Looking back now, the really revolutionary and potentially game winning thing would have been to fight north south from the beginning, concentrating firepower on an enemy that was determined to march into the middle of nowhere. Reorienting the battlefield would have been cool - and the observer thread seemed to spot that pretty quickly!

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Not so, both sides expected long edge deployment - if we'd have expected short edge and planned for it, we would not have lost ridiculously hard as we'd probably have rolled up on st croissant en masse shortly after they Germans arrived.

Now we can go back through the threads, the observer thread figures this out immediately and the scale of panic leading to those German reserves being called up suggests that our accidental move towards this strategy caused some serious worries.

As it was, both sides did that whole ships of the line thing on their way to the objectives, when north south deployment would have crossed the T and continued to do so while the Germans scrambled to redeploy.

Funny how quickly the armchair strategy develops after a battle, eh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

xthetenth posted:

Hey Frenchies, are we keeping the gang together?

Naturellement!

Mon Pere will you be returning to lead us in gloire une autre fois?

• Locked thread