Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Just completed reading through all three threads. This is fantastic, it's nail-bitingly exciting and completely hilarious already and the real battle hasn't even begun yet! Thanks for the effort, Trin :)

e: live feed from German HQ:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qXmxVySMzw

System Metternich fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Feb 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

oh please you gods of war let the Germans win this by rolling into a tiny French village with a handful of soldiers on bicycles while the real battle happens somewhere completely else :pray:

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

If I understood it correctly it now depends on whether the information of them being in Quatreprouts makes it to HQ who then will send a massive amount of soldiers to the battlefield, effectively ending the battle. When they should have been chased out by then, their superiors will be very ticked off however (which probably translates into a massive hit on victory points or whatever, I'm guessing?). So ideally they will hold it until the timer runs out and reinforcements arrive.

Trin posted:

When you occupy Quatreprouts and get a message back to Corps Command, a timer will begin. When the timer runs out, reinforcements will arrive in enough strength to end the battle. They will be irritated should it turn out that Quatreprouts has not, in fact, been renamed Vierfurze when they arrive.

genola posted:

Welp, it looks like the French have no clue the Germans are in Quatreprouts and they're not bothering to check it.

I am quite looking forward to the impending ketchup spill on breakfast ridge.

I'm absolutely terrible at reading game situations like these, so I have to ask: if the BEF advances on Quatreprouts, will the German troops hidden there even be able to hold out against their numeric superiority or will it be "only" a chaotic bloodbath for everybody involved until the remaining British and French plant their flags on the smouldering ruins of the village?

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

Aren't runners defined as guys on motorcycles? They would definitely stand out then, not too many of those around.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

I can't wait :f5:

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

Hunt11 posted:

I have been meaning to ask this. What was the German teams obsession about moving around in box formations?

Well, they were Germans, duh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEN5-_93gQg

HEY GAIL posted:

hey observer thread, what's going on

Not much now that the battle is over, but your slaughtering each other def kept me entertained, thanks for linking me this thread in the first place :haw:

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

Crazycryodude posted:

In other news, lots of credit to mossyfisk in the Roll20 for catching that Trin mentioned wheeled companies in the rules. Earlier on we were joking that the Brits might have brought armored cars or the Marne taxis or something, but it's a serious possibility now.

E: These dudes, probably. If I had to guess, they're MG's on crack.

So the prediction didn't come out of the blue, just a healthy level of metagaming and a close reading of the rules for hints, I'm guessing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

I don't get how you could divine the enemy's movements out of increased thread activity, how would that even work?

• Locked thread