Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Crazycryodude posted:

Oh my god what the hell even is this game anymore :psyduck:

Seriously it is so completely random and dumb at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
I get their frustration. The results don't read right. The turns are just wipeouts of one side or the other. Maybe the sequences are too long or the orders are too rigid or something but it's actually stressful to read as an observer. Game developers know that you can't keep saying "they're not playing it right" eventually you have to acknowledge it's setting them up.

And yeah, real war is all hell but this is still a game.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
Germans gonna maneuver their forces for a massed charge through barbed wire and into the guns in the middle of the map, because that's what's required by their contract.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Tevery Best posted:

Remember when back during Grey's LP the Entente thread started figuring out what the Germans were getting up to by checking the reply counter of their thread? That was fun times.

More like "using this as a convenient excuse for really accurate 'guesses'".

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

System Metternich posted:

I don't get how you could divine the enemy's movements out of increased thread activity, how would that even work?

You read posting counts of the enemy thread, then you read the enemy thread, then you claim to understand what people are planning based on your posting count analysis.

• Locked thread