Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Looks like the Germans are planning to have their spotter plane go overhead the moment the game starts. Will this occur before deployment or after the troops have been committed to their start positions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

ViggyNash posted:

Horse Artillery? What even is that?

Assuming this is a serious question...it's artillery on horse-drawn limbers, ready for rapid movement. Usually lighter, rapid-firing weapons intended to support infantry and advance alongside it.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

ViggyNash posted:

Also, the Germans might be hosed given their plan of attack and lack of contingency, but they're sure having fun thinking they aren't.

It has been fun watching them almost get it twice, then rapidly back off each time. They're going to look magnificent as they march straight down that road...

One of their brigade commanders is sending out cavalry scouts. The look on their faces will be magnificent when they come around the ridge line.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Oh this oughtta be good. The Germans started to realise they had a big hole in their plan...then, for the third time, brushed it off because clearly the French could not possibly do that.

They're sending their spotter plane to totally the wrong place. Of course, when they see precisely zero armed Frenchmen coming up the south road they're bound to work it out eventually.

Let the clusterfuck begin!

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
The French are just blasting the Germans off the road. It's a bloodbath.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

Trin Tragula posted:

My reading is that the BEF is on a hiding to nothing if it tries to advance alone and without the cover of darkness. I guess we're about to find out whether that's so!

Entirely historically appropriate for the BEF's first combat deployments in 1914. Especially the bit where they're ordered to shore up a wavering French line by marching to places that turn out to be full of Germans.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
I know the German thread has calmed down, but their salt should be noted and taken into account. Trin is hoping to run 5 games, and the Germans in particular are already having trouble getting their commanders to put orders in.

It might be funny from here, but we won't see future games happen if everyone quits because the double-blind mechanics keep making them think the scenario is unfairly rigged against them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

Tevery Best posted:

Let me know if there's anything you want to see first.

All of the above, but definitely a gallery of unsent messages.

Trin, can I join the people clamouring to volunteer for later rounds?

• Locked thread