Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Terrifying Effigies posted:

The Germans are probably right to think that even if they got close to taking Quatreprouts, any French reinforcements would march in from the SW corner and push them out. They could potentially smash what's left of the eastern French line, but they don't gain any points for destroying French units that would offset extending themselves. Maybe an idea for the next round...

So reinforcements will be coming from a different quarter, I presume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

dublish posted:

Why didn't anyone say anything about this in any of my bookmarked threads? Who's going to overplan artillery timetables now?

Much like yourself, the artillery partied too hard, and is arriving late to the battle.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Amazing times ahead :allears:

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

oystertoadfish posted:

seems like the BEF will stumble upon those germans in Q and get rid of them given current orders, but maybe i'm wrong. i wonder if the french will ever try to have those reinforcements digging in in the NW sprint into F, and if it'll actually happen?

i love how this game apparently changes rules as the war develops and i can't wait to see how the essential 'you can't change your orders without awesome lines of communication' set of rules really starts to bite as we get into the western front proper and people start seeing their heroic efforts clearing no man's land wasted because nobody else can offer support. or that would seem to me like the intended effect, anyway

also is there any way this game/lp methodology could simulate the horrors of the italian front? it's probably the field of action most like the western front (aside from gallipoli maybesorta) but like 5000 feet up in the mountains and with even worse generals, is the vague impression i've gotten

If there's one thing I've learnt from the Battlefield 1 LP, it's that everyone has worse generals.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Flesnolk posted:

Loel (lucky 99th) (GM): my main thing is I hope we're entertaining the observer thread
cuz man no one is posting there
my dad (Corps Commander) (GM): Same

Also the French want you to know you're "in for a treat relatively soon".

I was tempted to post in response to this post in the faction thread

I started with "Oh yes, we are entertained :allears:"

And was almost tempted to follow up with, "Just wait till you see what Trin has in store for you now." Which would be spoilery. It's super easy to do!

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

The German Salt is real.

French Elan is also real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

mllaneza posted:

The French cavalry did what ???