Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Edit: Nope, signups are closed apparently. Sorry! If an opening presents itself on either side I'd be willing though.

Flesnolk fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Feb 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
News from the front, of sorts. I was hanging out as an observer in the Entente Roll20 and they asked me to post their chatlog in here. Here is a pastebin containing the entire log up to that point, and, because that's gigantic, later on I'll go through it and try to make an "abridged version" of just the fun bits.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

oystertoadfish posted:

seems like the BEF will stumble upon those germans in Q and get rid of them given current orders, but maybe i'm wrong.

That's my thinking too. They've got troops moving to try to take Q, and they have units making a beeline for their own objective, so I don't think it'll be as simple a German win as Trin says.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Loel (lucky 99th) (GM): my main thing is I hope we're entertaining the observer thread
cuz man no one is posting there
my dad (Corps Commander) (GM): Same

Also the French want you to know you're "in for a treat relatively soon".

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Sandman is really mad. :(

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
In any game where a DM exists, it also seems to be a really bad idea to mouth off to them like he did.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
The round isn't necessarily over yet. All they have to do is hold out in Q until reinforcements arrive, right? That seems maybe not incredibly likely, but possible.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
As a gameplay conceit I think it's fair.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

ViggyNash posted:

Can someone link me the Roll20s for the french and germans? I can't seem to find them.

Entente

Germans

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

Trin Tragula posted:

Hey, want to know the really funny thing? That runner is 99% going to reach St C in the next couple of turns, they'll phone to General Kuno, and General Kuno is then going to tell them, "very well, hold on to the last man, casualties be damned, hold on until dawn!" and revoke the 3/4 losses auto-lose condition for them. Ain't I a stinker?

So if the French take Q but not St.C by dawn, they still lose?

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
22 turns actually. Theoretically it might be possible for the French to break through with that much time, but a nighttime battle is going to be a horrific clusterfuck, especially with the emplaced German defences. Unless at this point it no longer matters if St.C falls.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

Splode posted:

But if you were cheating surely you'd try harder to make it less obvious? Unless that is his plan, and he is double bluffing us. :tinfoil:

He has literally nothing to gain by cheating though. No money's on the line, this isn't an actual war, and at most he gets some bragging rights for beating people in fake WW1. I'm playing with him in a different LP and he doesn't seem like the cheating type.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Will you be returning in round 2? Would you be allowed to?

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Such as it is, given I'm pretty sure the Germans would have to lose on purpose at this point.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

ViggyNash posted:

Since the Germans aren't going to move any time soon, the French just need to find a position from where they can just casually start lobbing bombs until either the Germans move or get splattered.

Except the German reinforcements arrive in the morning, instantly winning the game whatever the French do.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
They're going to win instantly when dawn breaks, so they might as well. The funny thing is how the French are planning a morning attack, not knowing it's game over as soon as morning comes.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
From what I understand, the German runner went out first, meaning German reinforcements will arrive first, meaning German victory.

Now that raises the question of why even have the timer and such, instead of the game ending immediately when one side's runner gets to corps command first.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Fair enough.

Now to decide what side to join in round two.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
So Trin, what will historians think of X briefly turning into an angry war god and personally slaughtering a few entire companies of Germans? :V

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
All that matters is who won.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
I'm in, but I'm trying to decide what role, and what side. I'm leaning towards German because they won last time and my DC:B LP teammates are all there but I'm an incurable Anglophile and love the French language.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Ich bin ein Berliner.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

xthetenth posted:

I feel personally betrayed, you were cool to hang out with. (Have fun, and good luck!)

Who knows, maybe I'll defect!

It'll be fun to chat again when the round ends.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Looking at this map, I imagine an update that's just "Good luck, everyone." followed by Trin posting a timelapse gif of the map slowly fading into a field full of poppies

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Fight for Germany.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
A lot more of the people who've expressed interest in signing up in this thread wanted to go Entente, it seems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Hey Brits, before we're not allowed to talk in here anymore, are you having a problem with roll20 where part of your map vanishes when you zoom in?

Flesnolk fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Mar 8, 2017

• Locked thread