Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

There seem to be slightly less germans, so I'll throw in my lot with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

The real question here is which general earned the moniker "the butcher of St Croissant"?

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

At times communication could be so bad that you'd have to start each division in a separate thread until you've found each other. And Civil war inter-general politics would probably intrude a lot more than those of WWI.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

I'd like to nominate some names for the map, (Le) Crapouillot Trin will be familiar with, it means "the little toad" and came from the nickname for trench mortars, It's remembered because it was also the name of a well known satirical trench magazine. Scinque and Boueux are further amphibians reptiles (Skink and Mudpuppy). Cagadou is a Provençal word for outhouse according to some guys I found on the net arguing about the correct translation of 'long drop'. Haigioscope is for one of Stethoscope's neighbors, it's the most unlikely 'scope' I could find, being "A small opening in an interior wall of a church, enabling those in the transept to view the high altar; sometimes called a squint". Autoscope (An instrument for viewing one's own eye) or Pseudoscope (Instrument that reverses depth perception) would be good alternates, I feel. (More scopes here.)

Jaguars! fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Mar 6, 2017

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

There'll definitely be spots open for for the Germans rn, go right ahead.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

RubricMarine posted:

What are the current player counts? If there's a huge gulf between Jerry and the Entente, I was considering joining instead of just observing.

If you want a brigade, now is the time to post in the German thread. You could also be an advisor who just follows one thread, substituting for someone who drops out (This always happens). If there seems to be excess players, then you could excuse yourself and read both sides of the game.

Triskelli, if you want to be on the team, come in and say hello in the German thread!

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Well, I'm putting my part in this to rest, feel free to grill me about my trench raid suicide mission or anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

my dad posted:

but by taking the position, you've given up on the right to be pessimistic. No matter what happens, you need to present an image of the situation that keeps everyone's morale up.

Very very true! I'm not afraid of tactics and maps, but I think this will always be the hardest part for me. Tatankatonk only ran things for two turns before I replaced him, but what he did was really important both in terms of reassuring the rest of us and setting up the terms that we were to think in (Concentrate on the furtherest advance and give useless ground in the south) for the rest of the time.

[e]:really good post from when he first took over and everyone was panicking.

Jaguars! fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jul 23, 2017

• Locked thread