Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
Yes I loved reading this last time, but I'm just going to observe again. Good luck goons!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Hey Trin, could you please put links to the team threads in the OP?

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Yes YESS. Trin the corner idea was inspired.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

The entente assuming the Germans are on the opposite corner is hilarious. Only mydad seems cautious.

Will General Mon Pere be able to convince his subordinates? Will superior French elan win the day? Will the Germans stop hiding in Roll20? All that and more at the blog!

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Looking at the latest plans from both sides, I think Germany are in for a rude shock.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Crazycryodude is going to ruin all our fun.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Reading all these conditional orders has made me think this would make a great grog game. Maybe if this goes well we can start making some simple programs to help Trin until we end up with an actual game of sorts, where every player sees a map that only contains the info they would know, and program their brigades with a simple scripting language. It would be great, and also, terrible.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Really? I feel like the french will do better as they have planned around all possibilities of where they meet the germans, whereas the germans have super comitted to the idea of the french coming from the opposite corner.
I expect that results in the germans flanking themselves really hard and then having to rely on runners to unfuck themselves, while the french brigades automatically crush them.

-- EDIT

NastyToes posted:

I imagine Baguette is going to be very crowded so this is what I have been considering. Would like some input if this is too far east.

lmao (bolding mine)

Splode fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Feb 15, 2017

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

You're insane grey.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

And now, the bloodbath! I'm a bit concerned the Germans will just bolt for their objectives and end the game before things get ugly though.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

I am interested to see how my dad is going to execute Leol for forgetting the biggest guns they have.

Also interested to see how Trin handles some of these gently caress ups. BTW trin when the dust settles I'm sure I'm not the only one who's interested in your thoughts on how manageable it has been with the reduced scale.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Ooh thanks, Trin's ruling on how to handle the 155 gently caress up is in there. They'll reappear at some point apparently

Trin, in the entente R20, posted:

Trin Tragula (GM): OK, the ruling is that they took a wrong turn when they shook out into battle order and the horses bolted as far as they can bolt when they're towing a really big gun
conversely, once they start it moving, it's drat hard to stop it
they'll reappear at some point, assuming the brigade doesn't rout in the meantime

Splode fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Feb 18, 2017

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

That would be a fitting end, but the French seem pretty aware of that possibility. I'm expecting those bikes to get blown to bits.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

To me it looks like the French will take fablimpot or whatever it's called completely uncontested, whereas the Germans have a bit of company at 'Q'. Am I missing something?

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

You are truly evil Trin. The French have really had a disadvantage in this fight, what with less guns, fewer reinforcements etc, is that deliberate?

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

This is fantastic. Crazycryodude is either a genius or the most blatant cheat in the world.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

The thing with people who choose to observe is that they're likely to be the same people who choose to not post.

I'm loving this, every batch of turns changes the situation. It's now very much Germany's battle to lose, but they could still lose it.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

twig1919 posted:

The thing is from my perspective the Germans got it a bit easier. They had the better arty and brigades, and would have easily stomped the allies if they had planned for contingencies. They assumed that the French wouldn't start to their south, then assumed that they wouldn't be able to call reinforcements to the southern border. Both times, someone had predicted this and the high command dismissed it. The fact that they are even in this battle after losing a whole division immediately says alot about how trin kept it from being a one sided cluserfuck, imo.

That's how I see it too. The French played wayyy better. I bet Germany would've won had Crazycryodude been the corps commander.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Shoot him for cowardice.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Geez no garrison in Q is such a dumb mistake.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

markus_cz posted:

It's getting increasingly harder for me to believe Crazycryodude isn't reading the other threads. Has has predicted basically everything that would happen, and not a single one of his predictions was wrong. Considering the amount of "guesses" he makes, the 100% success rate seems quite suspicious.

But if you were cheating surely you'd try harder to make it less obvious? Unless that is his plan, and he is double bluffing us. :tinfoil:

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

I've personally been very impressed by my dad's leadership, and I think it had a massive impact on their success.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

I'm keen to watch another round!

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Trin please hurry and close this thread so we observers can gossip about the developments in the respective team threads!

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

I love how crazycryodude has already predicted armoured cars.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

SCANDAL!

German General implicated in spy ring!

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

I thought it was hysterically funny when Sandman put his hand up for corps commander. Yeah right dude.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

So when does the game start?

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

The German player explicitly confirming that they can't see anything North could result in some chaos. The Germans might end up marching some stuff straight into Gold Team's view.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

I feel like the British are getting pretty lucky this game.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

The british have old, wrong intel about where the german arty is, whereas the germans have accurate intel on where the british arty is.

However the british seem more interested in counter-battery than the germans.

Utter chaos. this game is so good.

edit: some idiot on the german side just leaked their own maps in the tg recruitment thread.

Splode fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Mar 26, 2017

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Yeah, just shoot him for cowardice and replace him.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

I am a little concerned that the british will do the germans a serious injury next turn, and we'll have another human player morale check.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

I think the entente were ahead until the last update. Pretty even now. Both sides have struggled as teams this round. My dad was an excellent corps commander last game, but I wonder if his suggestions now are eating away at the actual corps commander's authority and confidence.

I think the last update is going to finally put an end to dumb attack plans being organised by bored brigadiers, which is good for them.

The Germans seem better after swapping commanders but they are still playing very cautiously. I feel like they've identified opportunities and not acted on them a few times now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

The Germans are going to lose every game if they don't stop being salty and disorganised. Steinrokkan screaming about cheating after a reenactment of Monty Python's How Not To Be Seen is just sad.

I liked the runner system too but it was clearly insanely fiddly for Trin.

I'm hoping the germans get some better team players next game or the war will really be over by Christmas

• Locked thread