Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Put the dead markers as reg markers but with a skull+crossbones and fade them 30%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Grey Hunter posted:

Evil.

He is looking at it from a GM perspective, and one thing I've learned is that if you can come up with an idea, then your players can come up with the same idea - a true surprise is hard to pull off.
Even in history, most surprise attacks have had that one guy who knows whats going to happen, but no-one will listen to him.

Japanese aircraft on their way to Pearl Harbor? You must be mad!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Flesnolk posted:

So Trin, what will historians think of X briefly turning into an angry war god and personally slaughtering a few entire companies of Germans? :V

They'll get either a song or poem written about them. It'll reach #4 spot in the Pan-Euro Music Charts.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Jaguars! posted:

The real question here is which general earned the moniker "the butcher of St Croissant"?

Should be a baker, really.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
These map names :negative:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Tevery Best posted:

Well, it doesn't really change all that much from their perspective, does it?

It would be funny if seeing/noting the bridge would panic them and they then send their forest troops into the trenches in order to prevent any Germans from getting in them.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I'm surprised they didn't try to flank those trenched units and sandwich them from the front and back.

I also don't get why you'd want to move out of that forest, but I don't exactly read the side's threads :v:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Green Intern posted:

The Brits had no idea what was in the woods, and they certainly have no confirmation that there are Germans in the trench.

Oh, I meant the Germans. The attack northwest should've been an attack straight north with the guys opposite the river advancing. But I'm just projecting on a perfect map with prior knowledge of the situation.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Why would you leave the trench?! :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

SlothfulCobra posted:

The British's foolishness of leaving the trenches open drew them into a false sense of security.

The British had a rough start, but right now they're in as good a position as they could hope for. The Germans are only a little bit past the river, and they'll have to fight real hard to get further. At this rate they'll never reach Coq.

Units move further than I thought and it looked like the Germans in the trench abandoned the trench to try and cross the river. I still think it was silly of them to attack out of the blob, but :shrug: c'est la vie

• Locked thread