Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Splode posted:

I am a little concerned that the british will do the germans a serious injury next turn, and we'll have another human player morale check.

I think the Germans could lose about half their howitzers, but if everything goes well they get all the British heavy guns while they're out of their trench and limbered up pointlessly shuffling about in return. If they manage that trade I think they'll pass the thread morale check, at least. And even if they don't get the British guns they'll still have 3/4ths of their own guns left anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

You'd think people would do a lot better with the benefit of historical hindsight, especially the groggy goons who are attracted to this stuff, but nope there's plenty of stuff purely from the players.

I love it.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Yeah the big guns in the north aren't lenoon's, and they're pulling back. Which would be a perfect opportunity for that German brigade up on the edge to catch them while they're limbered up and in the open, but it sounds like the preliminary Boche plan is to sit tight

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

I still wish the Germans would charge that undefended gunline they've got a great crack at. I know the sensible thing to do is stay put but drat it I want a few more glorious charges before we get to the "everything is now some variant of trench warfare until the war's over" stage.

Also, what ever happened to the rain? Just hasn't rolled to start yet?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Ouch, losing that brigade makes the British lines look dangerously thin. I know reinforcements are coming up to plug the gap, but the Germans seem to have figured out the One Weird Trick with doubling up arty to kill suppressions. Might let them crack trench lines with acceptable losses.

Shame the La Dand Comedy Crew didn't play out, oh what could have been...

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Apr 6, 2017

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Yeah I'm surprised they aren't putting counter-battery at the top of the list, especially since Sniper is so worried about it.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

So the Germans are finally starting to figure out that the secret is concentrating your force. Shame they're about to lose half their guns.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Loel posted:

What on earth are the boche doing :confused:

Honestly, what the hell ARE they doing? Just about everything they did in the past round makes no sense to me, and I have the luxury of reading their thread.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Oh man I just notice that this installment's lunatic brigadier on a horse made it to La Dand. This sure as hell ain't over yet.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

I think slicing up the phone lines and panicking them is enough of a penalty, tbh. A lunatic brigadier on a horse and his staff really can't do anything meaningful from back there so it's not particularly fair to end it in a sudden Entente victory or delay reinforcements or whatever because they technically got someone to La Dand.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Yeah the meltdowns and/or salt mines are rather amusing from the outside looking in, but in measured doses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Trin and Louis Barthas slogging through the trenches together is a strangely appealing image

• Locked thread