Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Das Panzer
Nov 11, 2016
Oh man , this thread. :shepface:
Glad I'm finally done moving and can actually stay caught up with this thread.

On a different note, what is with everyone and ditching trenches? Is it some sort of aversion to trench warfare, or just MAX SPEED charge obsession due to French lunatics waggling sabres? Regardless it's ruddy brilliant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Panzer
Nov 11, 2016
Mmm, depends on how effective that Brit arty is vs other arty. Given what it did to those poor Germans last turn, though, I'd wager "lots". Bright side: not all the arty is in range. Just most of the front rank.

Das Panzer
Nov 11, 2016

Trin Tragula posted:

If the Germans attack through Effyaders at any time today, then I don't expect them to go further than the E/W road; they can probably scatter the 23rd and 24th brigades if they concentrate effectively and bombard accurately, but damage plus fatigue is going to wreck that division whatever happens, and the Belgians will then come up and be able to establish a line in Trois Freres somewhere while the last British division comes in to steady the ship again.

Call me stupid or unobservant, but did I miss something about the Belgians?

As for the 3:1 ratio, I don't see how either side can make much headway at this point, aside from spectacular rolls from either side. I'd favor the BEF due to the sheer amount and weight of their arty, but if they piss away all their shells too soon then it's a moot point, doubly so if both they and the Germans lose arty support and further stalemate. As an aside, I wonder if BEF high command is tearing its hair out about the armored car fiasco yet, or if they still don't see the potential use for them. (Apologies if any of that is out of date info, at this point, and I'm just blind.)

Das Panzer
Nov 11, 2016
Yeah, I think so too. I'm more wondering if they're gritting their teeth yet going "balls, why did we faff about with those and let them die early?"

Honestly I'd think they'd be great daytime reconnaissance units, here, and could be used to see what the Germans are doing on their side of the river. (Strength-wise, to see how many Germans are there, which in turn could help them guess how many Germans are therefore still across the river.)

Or maybe I'm just talking out my rear end and this is all semantics at this point.

Das Panzer
Nov 11, 2016
Oh dear. Talk about lovely luck, eh? Personally I find it hilarious that both sides are terrified that the enemy is going to attack them, but on the other side of the coin, are both realizing that they don't really have the numbers to go on the offensive. (Not that they know the same about each other.)

So close, yet so far. A bloody comedy of errors, this game.

Das Panzer
Nov 11, 2016
Does that mean that we get to nominate one Entente commander to act as Haig and get as many Brits and Frenchmen pixelmans slaughtered as possible?

I nominate xthetenth, just for being a crazy French cavalryman with a sword.

Das Panzer
Nov 11, 2016

PittTheElder posted:

Man, Loel sure is planning one hell of a withdrawal for no real reason. Not sure why they'd be in such a rush to abandon the Bois de Blob.

Could be that they're worried about nonexistent German reinforcements.theyre surmising that they'll both get one, and they're not solid on German numbers, so they might be worried about a flanking maneuver- that or just a general shortening of the line for easier defense.

Das Panzer
Nov 11, 2016

SlothfulCobra posted:

I really have to wonder what all the civilians (or NCOs if they have them there?) think of this crazy British man on a horse slashing at every phone wire he sees. Seems like the sort of thing that would make some noise. He'll probably get wiped up by the first reinforcements that come through La Dand, but he might get off a lucky shot before he goes down.

This gave me Don Quixote vibes for no good reason. Instead of charging windmills, he's charging telephone lines. :britain:

Das Panzer
Nov 11, 2016
I'd pay to watch that. Meanwhile I'm secretly hoping Loel gets his comedy option again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Panzer
Nov 11, 2016
That's.. not a bad idea, actually.

until you have someone start spamming the thread purposefully to throw the enemy team off.

• Locked thread