Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth
This is awesome - I love the ruleset, the fog of war, and the need for preplanned orders. One idea that dramatically increases the PITA factor but might also increase the Fun: different threads for each brigade/corps/whatever level of organization you want to deal with, so that central command on each side has to react to messages from the front describing what they see instead of having perfect information about what their underlings are dealing with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Grumio posted:

Nice. It's cool to see games like this and the Combat Mission Black Sea LP use limited information for the participants. It's certainly more interesting for the spectators

More likely to generate history-like escapades, too.

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

It's so FRENCH I love it.

I wonder if this has lasting implications for their doctrine. It basically validates the theory of elan. One or two more examples like this the proponents of elan can point to, and I bet you end up with this being the dominant French military theory for much longer than IRL.

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

I think the Germans still have a half-decent chance if they can just turtle up, shoot the poo poo out of the possibly over-exuberant French, and wait out their win conditions. I do think there's an interesting roleplaying question about how their overall army commander will feel about a town that is captured but completely cut off, though. It'll be interesting to see if that is interpreted as a win or a draw or what. It also could be possible that the French army decides to charge forward enough to screw up their own lines and open communication to Quatre-whatever.

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

I just cottoned to what you're doing with the night turns not getting the full overview and instead only getting the immediate surroundings around the action. That's really clever and it's got to be maddening - it means CO's are getting just little bits of info and having to make guesses about the whole state of play. Very apropos for night action. Add in the risk of friendly fire and you're going to get Wellington at Seringapatam all over again.

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

my dad posted:

Yes. Hi guys. Feel free to ask any questions.

Welcome to the first of many French officers that the legend of Xthetenth is going to get killed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Tevery Best posted:

What is with those dice? In two scenarios, the Germans have never once been favoured by the initiative. When they want to charge, they lose it. When they want to fire, they get it. Three brigades routed this turn, while Entente consistently rolls Retreat Suppressed whenever stuff looks bad, which is probably the best possible result nine times out of ten. Shaking my drat head.

Gott gegen uns

• Locked thread