Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

OpenlyEvilJello posted:

I might recommend changing the color or style of summary arrows so that, e.g., the German one doesn't match the roads quite so well.

Agreed, I thought he forgot to put the German command's suggested route on the thing for a minute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

I really want bullets to start flying. I'm staying out of the faction threads until things start up just to see the chaos once everyone's plans go to poo poo.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Wow, things descended into chaos fast. If I were the French I would be trying to spread out a bit more just due to the two incidents of units colliding. At the same time, the Germans are so much more concentrated already that I would start to worry they were a single charge away from rolling up the lines.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

If the Germans decide to abandon the east I think they can win this. The French are almost all in combat or focused on the center while the Germans still have uncommitted forces and a group to the west already (though north of the objective). If nothing else they can probably force the French into a trench fight by cutting them off from their objective.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

my dad posted:

Yes. Hi guys. Feel free to ask any questions.

Was it worth personally entering the fray?

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

my dad posted:

In the gameplay sense? Of course not. It was a straight up malus to our team without a single benefit as result of it. But I hope it provided some entertainment for everyone. After all, I was both a player and a public performer. :)

Besides, I never liked how most of the lovely generals who sent entire towns to die in the meatgrinder never faced danger themselves, and I figured at least one should put the money where the mouth is and take an actual, almost certainly lethal risk.

Well, you got to have fun with it. I don't really think you were going to be able to change the nature of the game no matter what by the time you got into the fray, but the Charge of the Light Brigade re-enactment was still probably not what you had anticipated here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Splode posted:

I love how crazycryodude has already predicted armoured cars.

I wonder if the rules will allow for this:

• Locked thread