Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Tuxedo Jack posted:

We just finished the pilot and also got a huge Channel 4's Utopia vibe from it. (Bummed we're not going to get more, or the HBO remake).

Utopia season two was pretty darn bad, such a huge disappointment to watch. it is probably for the best that we won't be getting more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I really liked the pilot, and was expecting things to get tuned down a bit after that, but i thought this episode was even better, absolutely loved it.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

notthegoatseguy posted:

The guy at the end of the first episode who was Force Pushing people away. I don't know why, but that "power" really seems out of place in this universe. Most powers that we've seen have been destructive, or the people who use them don't have control. This guy seems to have way too much control over his power.

The memory guy was also in control of his powers. So from what I can remember we have seen four people with powers, two are in perfect control of them, and one of the ones that don't is Davis who probably has severe mental problems, so it's doesn't seem hat strange for the telekinetic guy to have control over his.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I am continually baffled that a show about Legion is not only good, but great.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
The Expanse suffers from being very slow at first and only really getting good during the last 3-4 episodes of season 1, but season 2 is great so far.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I don't really see the Mojo comparison, they don't look much alike.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Nevvy Z posted:

Yeah, totally apt description of this show. :rolleyes:

It is a show that features people with superpowers, it is going to be put in the genre show box and get completely overlooked. Better shows than Legion have been snuffed because of this, a good example is John Noble on Fringe.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
The official trailer is out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmBIn9De-Yc

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I loved Admiral Fukuyama, it is such a weird character right on the edge between cool and silly.
I am surprised that nobody has mentioned that creepy horse person that was slowly moving around when Melanie was getting high, I think it was in at least one other scene too.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
To be fair, in order to enjoy the show you have to accept that it takes place in a weird world, that it so far do any really try to explain.

It is much harder to have a ton of movies and tv shows that place in the same universe, where the audience expects references to everything else that happens.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

freudorbison posted:

I have to say - as great as Aubrey Plaza and Jemaine Clement were in season 1, I'm almost glad their characters' importance has diminished so far. Navid Negahban is really killing it.

Navid Negahban has been a good addition to the show, but if given the choice I would rather have had Jemaine Clement continue as both Oliver and Shadow King.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Syd's line at the end about sinners sounded pretty sinister to me.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Skizzzer posted:

that was hosed up

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I have to wonder what the point of that was, I know that Farouk has a very high opinion of himself but he more than anyone knows what David is capable of. Why make him your enemy if you don't have to?

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I really liked this episode, but i am both impressed and a little fearful that the show seemingly doesn't care about the pace of their storytelling. I would hate for this show not to get a third season and half the storylines just being left dangling.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Even though the show is barely about superheroes I do love it when David gets to use his powers in a more dramatic way, it's just cool.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Codependent Poster posted:

I really like Cary and Kerry.

I like that Kerry has found something she likes that doesn't involve punching people.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
The shows Facebook page just announced that it has been renewed for another season

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Finale was cool, I am looking forward to season three

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I recently watched Flight of the Conchords for the first time, Jemaine Clement looks around 30 years younger on that show, I am surprised he is only 44.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Given David's motivations for doing what he did, I don't think it is out of the question that he could be redeemed. But I think the more interesting story is how everyone around David helped turn him into a villain due to their selfishness and ignorance.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
The third and final season will premiere on June 24th.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Season 3 trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8Vl1fuGn1A

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
The third and finals season premieres tomorrow, here is an excellent recap of the first two seasons:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlXutdI7eEc

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I loved the musical number. Great episode.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I assume that Farouk is influencing Division 3 in a subtle way, perhaps by magnifying their actual fears about David and downplaying any they would have about Farouk being allowed to go free.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
We know that Farouk was influencing people most of season two, up untill he and David fought. And it is likely that he is responsible for Syd trying to murder David.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Lenny in season three is a mix of three people. Benny the guy that young David used to hang out with to do drugs and Lenny from the hospital, they were mixed into one person and more or less tortured by Farouk. Then they were inserted into the body of Amy, so the person calling themselves Lenny really isn’t Lenny.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

twistedmentat posted:

I realized a few years ago that outside of Spider-Man, Ultimate comics were pretty poo poo.

First two volumes of Ultimates were great, there were also a few good limited series.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Farouk didn't break his back either.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
That was an allround amazing episode.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

By popular demand posted:

there's definitely a need for an episode guide that can recommend a new watcher the only episodes worth watching.

I couldn’t disagree more, telling people what episodes of a tv show to watch is terrible, and should never be done. You wouldn’t tell people to skip chapters of a book either.

I agree that last weeks episode was a little weak, but it wasn’t bad, and it is certainly important to the overall story.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

By popular demand posted:

Personally I would have been happier if I skipped that one

But you also know now that you don’t like the episode and so you can skip it in the future without missing anything.
But someone who is watching the show for the first time might love that episode, taste is subjective after all.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I wonder if Farouk was leading the others on somehow with the astral plane thing, or if David is just that much stronger than him.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
My impression is that David is not controlling Switch, but that Cary just assumed so, she just went with him to be safe from the time eaters.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Is anyone able to squeeze this down to avatar size? The various online tools that I have tried can't quite do it.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I am a bit nervous whether or not they can wrap everything up in just two episodes, but I can't complain about Jemaine Clement participating in a rap battle.

I only know Mantzoukas from The Good Place, he was a lot more tolerable in this.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

twistedmentat posted:

Oh yea, but isn't the thing with FotC is they're supposed to be bad and thats with them writing it, not someone else.

Not really, they did comedy songs on a comedy show, but it was never meant to be bad, and it wasn't.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I can't believe that nobody has shared their best rap :colbert:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtBc5ABgYEM&t=15s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
That was some great action by Dan Stevens, showing a bunch of different David's with just the tone of their voice and facial expressions.