Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Like, David mindslaved her and basically wrapped her around his finger

That is pure speculation. I don't think we see him doing anything other than make her fall asleep, she willingly helps him.

I think it was a good ending, and the only one really possible. David did some bad things, but there are a whole lot of people who are also responsible for the way he turned out. His parents for abandoning him, Farouk who was a parasite in his head for years, Syd and the others who used him for his powers and then turned on him when he cracked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

ex post facho posted:

Here's a good, high-quality version of the "Mother" cover by Dan Stevens (there's a slight hitch at ~5:03, but otherwise, its perfect).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9VOhnj43K8

One thing I will never forget about this show is the way they selected their music choices. They were stellar through the entire series, and the cover interpretations were universally both good and unique takes on the original material.

And here's "Peace, Love and Understanding"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjVFeWMY0Z0

I also really enjoyed the cover version of Cornflake girl.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Norwegian Rudo posted:

[quote="Corte" post="497604364"]
I think the main point was that a child who grows up in a healthy environment with proper support is likely to turn out different than one who does not.

Nothing about "Mother" implies this is going to be a healthy environment though.

Mother implies the kind of environment David would grow up in if his mother was the only one around. That is why it is important that Xavier also sticks around.