Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

The gently caress kind of name is Aubrey Plaza anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Is the fat guy in David's mind a mutant that he killed with his powers when he was a kid and now has a mental block preventing him from remembering? Is that why fat guy is skulking around inside his mind and memories? Is he the one who allows David to shift and manipulate matter?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I keep seeing ads peddling The Expanse as "Game of Thrones in Space!" and even though I enjoy GoT, that ad alone has made me avoid The Expanse.

I'm just thankful nothing overtly advertised Legion as "Kubrick/Refn/Lynch with Super Heroes!" or I would be missing this rad show.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Feb 25, 2017

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Welp, you guys have done more to interest me in The Expanse than anything else I've seen.

So maybe I'll give Game of Thrones in Space a shot after all!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Where the hell does Kerry get a spiked baseball bat from?!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

Nah, it's the Shadow King for sure. Maybe Xavier defeated him and he hid or took refuge in David when he was young, and was going to possess him before he learned how powerful David was.

The preview for the next episode even outright calls him/her/it The Shadow King Amahl Farouk

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Mar 16, 2017

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Wow. This is the best show on TV right now, right? Because it feels and looks like it.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Was that pokeball "The Equinox" ?

Also when the gently caress does season 2 start? Start season 2, Noah Hawley.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

bull3964 posted:

Based on various comments from Hawley, I think the only way we'll see Xavier on the show is if it's Patrick Stewart or James McAvoy.

I'd be so down for that. Who wouldn't be down for that? Would they be down for that? That seems like something both of them would be down for.

Lack of Gravitas posted:

also, Aubrey Plaza :swoon:

YEA-UHH!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Chokes McGee posted:

I disagree that this wasn't a good conclusion. The stuff with evil government guy actually having a familly and loving husband, the cross-plane brawl with Farouk jumping from host to host, and Oliver getting blown back into the power corridor only to pop right back out with a song in his heart and a Shadow King in his head made this episode pretty satisfying. Seeing David just shrug and create a PILLAR OF FLESH with the soldiers was also pretty entertaining. It was creepy at first, but all of them were still alive and in one piece, so they'll be fine.

I hope. I mean, he did remember to turn that off. Right? :ohdear:

The sphere bit was actually pretty funny to me just for the final exchange. They smashed it out of the park all season, so I'm willing to see what the lead in is.

I agree with all of this and I'm still convinced this entire season was one of the best in all of televisiondom.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I got the feeling the Shadow King sexed his way into Oliver's mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

What's the deal with the strange moment when Clark (the burned interrogator dude) is being offered a glass of water and Kerry demands that he takes it from the table?

Was it just awkwardness relating to the firestorm at The Pool?