Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP
My prediction is that old woman he shook hands with at the end will turn out to have been his dad all along and then later a figment of his imagination too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

punchymcpunch posted:

The twist is that all of it was literally real and none of it is in his head, even the stuff that seemed like it was.

That's the penultimate twist, the true finale twist is when it slowly zooms out faster and faster, with the earth shrinking as the galaxy takes frames and so on until the universe is all in frame. The camera continues to zoom out and we see the universe was inside the eye of a Marvel writer this entire time. We continue zooming out further, out of the window of the Marvel building and into the home of you, the viewer. We see you watching yourself watching yourself, you turn to face the camera but you see nothing, you look back to the screen to see the camera zoom out even more. It starts to snow on your building, as we zoom out we see your building was inside of a snow globe held by an autistic child. The child looks directly at the camera and says, "blimey", it freeze frames and the credits rolls over it.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

For all the cool cinematography and psychedelic stuff, that egg monster man looks like really bad CGI to me.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Jay from Jay and Miles Explain the X-Men was saying that the show will most likely end in the destruction of the world. He hasn't actually watched it yet, but is guessing based on who's writing it. Makes a lot of sense, sorta seems like an inevitability with uncontrolled unlimited power.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

El Jebus posted:

I was thinking it was David trying to protect Syd and moving to a new plane/reality/whatever in an attempt to giv Syd more time and let them figure out how to fight back inside his own mind.

Reading this and what you quoted made me realize I really have no room in my brain for fictional character names. This is like Game of Thrones all over again for me where I could only remember some nicknames.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

coyo7e posted:

Man it's been so long I don't even remember who Legion is.

He is many, he does not forget/forgive, etc... Pretty sure he's the hacker, "anonymous" and his dad is a tulpa?

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Dragonrah posted:

Whoa what? I thought it as 10 episodes.

Edit: poo poo, it is only 8. :(

Actually it was 12 episodes but we've all been Mandela effected by the Shadow king to forget.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

DaveKap posted:

Stop me if this conversation happened already but what year do you think this show takes place in? Every time I ask or search, the answer is either "it's supposed to be ambiguous," "it doesn't matter, we're just seeing it through David's crazy eyes," or "the 80s." Yet David's sister asks if she can e-mail her husband, which places it in the late 90s at a minimum. What do you folks think?

Honestly I think it's sometime between the last wolverine movie and the last x men movie.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Longbaugh01 posted:

You think It's somewhere between Logan and Apocalypse? Why? (Guessing you mean the reverse, but I understood your meaning.)

Ultimately, yeah, the answer is it doesn't really matter for now, and it's supposed to make you feel out of place and uncomfortable like characters on the show are feeling.

I forgot Apocalypse was set a bit in the past, I just meant I think it's near future, definitely before Logan where all the mutants are extinct or whatever. I'm not sure how much the Marvel TV series tie into the canon of the movies, traditionally they haven't linked them too much, remember agents of whatever being dismissed as a dead man's dream.

Longbaugh01 posted:

None of them connect because everything X-Men related is not in the MCU.

Oh yeah gently caress, completely forgot. I mean at least the Logan movie is sorta based on the Marvel comic, so it might have relevance? They have so many alternate futures though, it probably doesn't matter. Either way, it still seems pretty near-future to me, but the points everyone else raised about it just supposed to make you feel lost etc are all very probably true also.

curse of flubber fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Apr 12, 2017

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

JawnV6 posted:

Where was that? Agents of Shield is tied into the movies decently well, in that they'll meander around to have "twists" happen concurrently on the show and movie release. The Hydra flip was timed to Cap 2's release, Fury supposedly gets the extra hover carrier for the Ultron ending from events in the show. At least one character (Sif) has been in the movies, in the show, then back in the movies. One of the backdrops for a MCU Netflix show is a greedy developer taking advantage of the parts of NYC leveled during Avengers 1.

Don't get me wrong, the movies generally have enough to worry about without tying in the shows, but they're not completely written off.

I think I may have read an article a while ago that could have misinterpreted Joss Whedon joking about Agents of Shield being a fever dream right before the captain dude's death.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

What powers did David lose when he broke up with the Shadow King? Shadow King can teleport right, and probably like large scale telekinetic stuff? He had to use them to hold those soldiers in a big ball, so I'm guessing he can't do stuff like that any more. The teleporting/disintegrating thing seems pretty SK as well. What does that leave David with? The power to create mind palaces and telepathy?

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Is Iron Fist good?

The dude was pretty much learning fighting on the day of shooting. Everything about it is bad and boring and horrible to sit through. It offers absolutely nothing new and it does absolutely nothing well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Before Legion I assumed Aubrey could only play one role, I'm glad I was proven so thoroughly wrong. All her movements fit so perfectly well in with the character.

Fartbox posted:

Aubrey is born to play roles like these cuz she got real real natural crazy eyes that they used to great effect in this show

Even in parks and rec which is a heartwarming comedy show she looked like she wanted to kill and eat a lot of people a lot of the time

That made her contrast with Chris Pratt's Andy all the more adorable.