Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

twistedmentat posted:

That Bollywood like dance number felt really french new wave cinema for some reason to me.

From that point forward, all I could think of was Wes Anderson, and not in a good way. More of a "same style without the funding to license more popular songs" way. :( I really want to like this, but some of this indie film arthouse nonsense needs to chill.

If I'd never seen any of Wes Andersons films before, I would be more apt to love it, but I have seen them all too many times for this razzle dazzle to impress me.

Story is great, effects are great, just reel in some of the cinematography and I'll be on board. Mr. Robot got it right, this beats you over the head with it for seemingly no reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

I swear to christ I twitched a bit during the nocebo explanation.

:stonklol:

This show is so loving strange. I want to hate it but I can't. It's just so good on so many levels.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

Why do you want to hate it?

I don't know. At first, it felt like it was leaning real hard into being weird for the sake of it. Just disjointed and jarring nonsense for the sake of art. Like a Jackson Pollock painting made into a series. It reminded me of the guy with a mustache like a dinner theater villain, wearing lederhosen, a Rolling Stones tank top, sockless winklepicker shoes, and a way too long scarf.

It seemed way too far up it's own rear end.

But after watching the first few episodes, I started to get it and really get into it. I love the show now. But it took me a minute to get passed it's surface. You have to really watch the show. It's not one you just glance at while doing something else, you miss out on so much good cinematography and story telling.