Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Presumably just depicting the same era but the kid walking into traffic really reminded me of Toby Maguire in Pleasantville.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Skizzzer posted:

that was hosed up

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

:same: except caveman dong.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

I know she's done other movies and things besides Parks and Rec, but I think this is the first time I've seen her acting without... 'being a character, in character' if that makes sense at all.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Good work Kerry - interesting that she/they still ends up with Division, might have been nice to give the Eye a little cameo there too.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Loved David's little-boy-shorts dinner suit. Also Kerry with an axe and the legless vermillion pulling itself along. Oh and David using huge powers at the end there (with no need for fx when he popped in)

Also the reveal that Admiral Fukyama looked pretty much normal, probably just dealing with his own issues about being seen by people, or choosing to build up his mystique, Young Pope style. It could have been either when it was used against him.

The episode itself kind of reminded me of the last one of Counterpart. All this for that?? I mean, it was very big in-story, but feels like it was being built up to the audience as something more.

Chubby Henparty fucked around with this message at 12:35 on May 16, 2018

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

f#a# posted:

I also noticed how lonely Division 3 is. Seriously, we have seen virtually no extras there. I wonder if Hawley's gonna touch on that...

When David and robo-ptonomy were talking all I could think about was the waste of food travelling past them.

What's the reason for the child soldiers again? Does Division 3 run some sort of Logan's Run thing where once they turn 13 they put on big boy tactical gear and are immediately turned to goop by Oliver?

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

I could watch Cary making comedy fleeing noises all day.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

ekeog posted:

Glasses McLabcoat

Especially loved this, and the first shot of the cage reflecting off of Farouk's glasses. Amazing episode.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Maybe she was passively experiencing everything 'full 4d smellovision' without actually having to go through the motions of chewing, farting, bathing etc, herself.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Serf posted:

There's pretty much no way to do a proper superhero battle on a TV budget, but Legion did it with that animated psychic battle. And the fun thing is that it could pretty much only work in this show.

Watching that scene I wondered whether it was because of a lack of budget, or imagination, that the infamous Heroes battle didn't do similar.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

I liked his little argument with Scottish Dave and whoever else in the back room, I gather that's what the comc character was all about like his counterpart in Doom Patrol?

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Ersatz posted:

I thought she was engaging as a sort of everyperson encountering insanity in episode 1, despite her status as time traveler.

It's true, my dad was also the tv

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Nah, I agree with you, but her butler/weird robo dad etc were pure Legion.

It was just one line but I hope they were implying that her string of perfect grades resulted from pure cheating. That's the kind of groundedness I want to see.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Kinda weird to see the Shadow King just chatting, little bit of exposition, listen guys here's the deal

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Sorry if I've missed something obvious: How is Syd so sure she'll do so well if time reverts to her pre-2nd childhood? She's still likely to be messed up by her early life, although I'll guess having Melanie and Oliver together at Summerland would be great.

(Are they still gonna be traumatised by The Eye and the rest of the Section goons)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Fair enough.