Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
That pilot was so good that I kind of just want to walk away now. Whatever the show ends up being, I can't see it living up to this, even if it's still very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Future Syd has to be real in some sense, because the alternative (that she's just a fabrication or acting under duress) is too predictable and too simple.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I’m kind of still all in with David. It seems like the main reason his people have turned on him is that they’ve decided that he’s too powerful to be left, that his very existence threatens the world. It’s kind of like the argument that leftists offer for classicide against billionaires. The way I see it, this indicates not that these powerful men are too strong, but that the world is too fragile.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jul 27, 2019

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

It doesn't really bother me much anymore, but three seasons in I still have no idea what the "rules" are for Cary/Kerry.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

In his one scene he provides the single mildly funny moment in Dinner for Schmucks, one of the worst comedies ever made.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I loved him in Safety Last

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

What happened to the chap with the wicker basket on his head?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

To quote Agent Cooper, what year is this?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

The real ending is coming in a theatrical release, The End of Legion

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I think things turned out pretty well for Switch.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Who was the Katie Asleton character again? His step sister?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I thought the weird slideshow dimension outside of time was very good knockoff Lynch.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah I think Farouk had an unearned face turn at the end there. It needed more time or clues. It still almost worked though because the actor is so cool.

It's been months since he brutally, pointlessly murdered some people; he's had a lot of time to think things over.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

When you reset the timeline, some things don't matter anymore because they didn't happen, and some questions remain unanswered. That's what you get when you mess with time travel, all kinds of loose ends that don't matter.

Good ending, good series. Not surprised some folks aren't happy about it, they're probably still mad the point of Matrix Revolutions wasn't punching your way out of trouble like the first movie or something.

Right, but nobody was holding a gun to the showrunner's head insisting that the end game center around time travel. I think what we got was enjoyable enough, if a little unearned, but it's weird to say "well, that just comes with the territory" as if they didn't paint themselves into that corner.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

beanieson posted:

I’m assuming Old Farouk also disappears when the time is reset right? He no longer exists, but young Farouk has the benefit of his knowledge so he can grow to be a better shadow demon?

Young Farouk never gets iced by Charles, so he just gets to spend those next few decades just being a guy. Hopefully a better guy.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I thought it was kind of odd how little Lenny had to do this season, and that she played no role in the end game. I didn't especially miss her, but it was unexpected. Wonder if Aubrey Plaza had severely limited availability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Yeah, I like where the character went, but it's a pretty big swerve even from what they were doing in the second season.