Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Chokes McGee posted:

Although the best part of an already incredible episode was Oliver not dropping his martini being held at gunpoint.

He even took another sip :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Yup been waiting all season for a Pink Floyd song. Breath did not disappoint.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

lmbo what the gently caress was that

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Need to get me some messenger mouses

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

This is loving wild man

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

lol I’m so giddy this show is back, this was great

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Man this was great, Irwin rocked this whole episode

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

So comics Xavier was loving one of his patients in the mental health unit 😬

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Edge & Christian posted:

Oh yeah I forgot, because it was the mid-1980s, David saw his adoptive dad he thought was his real dad get killed by Arab Terrorists and "got Autism" from it.

Yeah right I bet he got some vaccinations right around the same time

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

lmao I’m glad that my entire exposure to comics was from the awesome 90s cartoons

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Hey y’all this episode fucken ruled.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

This episode ramped things up nicely

Preview spoiler pumped for Jemaine returning :woop:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

That song from the very beginning I recognized from something else and I can’t place it. It sounded kinda Bollywood if that makes sense, idk how to describe it.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Nah, I just found it, it’s this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWp7inRRiK4

Saturday night live used it in a recurring but a few years ago

beanieson fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jul 24, 2019

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Lmao I’m imagining watching this ep after seeing just season one and wtf

Imagine just dropping right into the previous ep with the blue meanies with zero context

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

night slime posted:

In the scene he teleported some watch thing onto Farouk's hand, I guess to keep him there. David's getting pretty good at owning his dad

Ya what was the watch about? Had we seen that before?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

What bit would that be?

The opening scene has that song on for just a minute or so.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Chalks posted:

I thought it was some sort of time fuckery warning device because as soon as he notices it Switch appears and time fuckerys him

Yea i context I’m sure that’s what it is but I was curious if we saw Cary building that thing for switch at some point?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Batmasterson posted:

I'm pretty sure the watch is what Cary designed to allow David (and I guess others) to go through Switch's time portals. Without it, only she can go through. They put it on Farouk so he can be pushed through the time door. Then she drops him in the space between time that we saw from last episode.

Yeah you’re right, thanks.

But Switch is probably unaware that Farouk was able to travel to and from that place all on his own.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Wafflecopper posted:

What if he can't fix it?

He’s God. He can fix anything.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

rapeface posted:

guys i think the main character killing almost all the other characters is cool and good

Yeah Clark sucks gently caress that guy

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Gobbeldygook posted:

I think the only truly unanswered question is what David was doing in the pokeball for a year and why.

Forgot about this but yeah, didn’t Cary say something about how the poke ball looked like his tech but he didn’t remember building it?

Time travel fuckery my dude

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

“She’s lost her innocence, which is a win for this guy” :q:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Testicle Masochist posted:

I feel like the final scene of this show is going to be the entire cast singing and dancing to a musical number

I hope it’s the macarena

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

It would be a bit of an anticlimax, but I could see the Moroccan showdown ending in a stalemate like before and Syd saving the world by ensuring David grows up loved.

gently caress that’s probably it

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Only packed one brain bullet, when you come at the Shadow King you best not miss

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

That’s a great music number. So we’re changing the past there already right? Syd being there to encourage David’s Mom made her a better mom and made David strong enough to break out if Farouk’s straight jacket.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Shadow King is the hero we needed all along

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

My wife is sitting here watching this finale having not seen a single episode since like th middle of season one lol

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Nah, that monkey deserved it

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I’m assuming Old Farouk also disappears when the time is reset right? He no longer exists, but young Farouk has the benefit of his knowledge so he can grow to be a better shadow demon?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

General Dog posted:

Young Farouk never gets iced by Charles, so he just gets to spend those next few decades just being a guy. Hopefully a better guy.

poo poo you’re right. Young Farouk gets to move forward with knowledge of the future AND his body.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Echo Video posted:

xaiver did also hit him with that brain bullet. it was played as if it had no real effect, but maybe it did change something in farouk?

Pretty sure that they brain bullet & mace were only meant to transport Farouk into Xavier & David’s own minds where they’d have an advantage.

David hit young Farouk with his mace and *poof* they’re inside Legion and the many different David’s attack. Xavier hits old Farouk with the bullet and *poof* they’re in the blank white calm of Xaviers mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Well, she had pretty serious PTSD. I don’t think the show was trying to make any statements about single moms.