Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

tetrapyloctomy posted:

"His blood pressure is 90 over 120."
"Just like the others."

This is physiologically impossible. That also doesn't really mean it's wrong in this show, though I'd be interested in seeing how you'd come up with a number like that using a blood pressure cuff.

shut up

EmptyVessel posted:

Also, the amount of radiocarbon in an organic material only starts to decline after it's stopped taking carbon in from the environment so David would have to be dead to be radiocarbon dated.

shut up

Autism Sneaks posted:

Also don't the infected people still need to eat, drink, poop and sweat? But the Divisions just have them milling about in a dark room in the clothes they found them in?

shut up

swickles posted:

That hit me hard too, to the point that I can't see this as an actual error, but maybe thinking the time travel stuff is in effect, or the "virus" causes a reversal in circulation or something.

shut up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

This episode was one of the best things I've ever watched and I feel strongly enough about that to kind of dislike people who didn't like it even though I know how irrational it is to get mad over differences of taste

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Is episode 6 the one with all the different possible timelines? Because that was far and away my favourite epsiode of the season.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Vernacular posted:

Yeah. It just felt like a waste of time to spend an entire episode showing us the high likelihood of David abusing his powers regardless of timeline. Wasn't worth dragging the overall pace of the show to even more of a standstill.

What I got from it was that there's almost no timeline in which David can be happy while also remaining himself and that the timeline we're looking at in the main show is probably one of the bad ones. It's an episode of pathos more than it is about just the straightforward demonstration that he's more likely to abuse his powers than not.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

But then again it came out at a very particular time where I could very much identify with the concept of being at a crossroads in one's life. So a lot of my reaction to it is most likely coming from what I put into it rather than what was "actually" there.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

flatluigi posted:

I was talking about your weird hateboner for Syd and calling her unrepentant & just as bad as her rapist, but nice dodge

this ain't it chief

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

ambiguity is good actually

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

DaveKap posted:

If that's what the story was supposed to be about, it should've indicated as such in the first season. Pulling people in with one theme then twisting it around one year later is a bad faith gesture on the part of the show runners unless it has a positive payoff. Especially when the linchpin of your power abuse metaphor is "what if someone reverses a brainwashing and gets called a rapist for it?"

Italics and boldface

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Chubby Henparty posted:

Sorry if I've missed something obvious: How is Syd so sure she'll do so well if time reverts to her pre-2nd childhood? She's still likely to be messed up by her early life, although I'll guess having Melanie and Oliver together at Summerland would be great.

(Are they still gonna be traumatised by The Eye and the rest of the Section goons)

Switch told her