Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
It was a lot better

This season has just been a lot of random stuff

The monkeycheese cow was the worst, followed by android women with mustaches

Still, even now the show is really interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
This season was too messy and there were too many "lol random" things in it.

Felt like a hipster on acid made a lot of the season

Farouk and science man are the only relateable and interesting characters

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
David has never once been likeable to me. He is just this walking power package that everyone has to deal with

So I don't mind if he becomes a grey zone "maybe good maybe bad sometimes" character

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The show doesn't sell the characters well. I feel like most of them are extremely empty surface level characters who seem to not react strongly to anything and just kind of go with the flow - which is extremely dull

The standout character is Farouk, who is loving amazing. The actor sells every line and I enjoyed every scene with him. More Farouk please

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Both David and Syd are super rapists and have destroyed lives with their powers

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
So I just finished the last episode

What the gently caress was the point of that minotaur? Or the monks? I didn't get any of that

Then they kill the minotaur offscreen? wat

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
If they had a tuning fork that can disable people like Farouk and David I'm not sure why Division 3 was so scared of them

Just hit the fork man

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
don't think too hard about this

The whole show is just an excuse to show wacky and weird scenes

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Vernacular posted:

Season 1 is quite next level. Really amazing atmosphere, premise, pacing, acting...the whole shebang. Season 2 was enjoyable but good lord it was up its own rear end sometimes with the slow pace, indie rock soundtrack, gratuitous weird bits and overall meta-ness.

*random cow appears*

Zzulu fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Dec 13, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
With how the show progressed I never understood why he was trying so hard to frighten David either, when they later reveal that he is actually fond of David. When he's possessing Lenny he's not really acting like Farouk either. There was a very clear shift from season 1