Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
I'm in the middle of the first episode and holy poo poo this is wierd as gently caress and in a 'uh please stay away from me' way, not a 'Trippy-irregular-but-awesome' kind of way. Like, David needs to be megadosed with xanax holy poo poo, he is way too loving neurotic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Well supermegadosed then :colbert:

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
yeah this show seems to be a bit up its own rear end with the whole "Whoa what is real and what is, like a vision maaaan? Isn't this so astounding??" schtick. I get why people may like it especially if they are big into marvel stuff or whatever, but I'd personally prefer they toned down David's neuroticism and his rather austistic and childish apparent desire to have a girlfriend and kiss Sydney (repeatedly; he doesn't seem to respect her wishes/personal space which is a big pet peeve of mine, considering the rapey undertones not taking 'no' for an answer has). Also, the fart-sniffing what-is-real-and-what-is-memory/dream/vision stuff. He may be powerful which is why both the old man/private police force side and 'rebel/guerilla mutant' force side are fighting over who gets to control him, but have they considered just how loving batshit crazy he is? I mean, if he can't get even stay slightly neurtotypical, he'd be better off kept permanently comatose or even sent to the shadow realm. I'll try one more episode cause I want to like it, but if it doesn't settle down I'll give up on it.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

King Vidiot posted:

Yes, David's "autistic and childish" desire to kiss a woman who's in mutual love with him and wants to kiss him too if she were physically capable.

Well I hadn't gotten to that point yet :rolleye: But still, don't be such a man; she still asked him not do it! Does the fact that she loves him invalidate her wishes and autonomy? Also, TV is known to conflate love and infatuation. Exactly how long have the two known each other? I mean, it took me a year and change to know I was in love with the man who became my boyfriend...

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
It's called hyperbole :rolleyes: Jfc, I was just expressing my frustration (not helped by the nausea and vomiting going on I'm sure). From the reactions you'd think I killed your kids or something. Man, people are stupidly defensive when it comes to comic books. And is the concept of respecting someones requests that involve their personal space really that foreign to you dangerdoom volvo? Like I said, that poo poo is a personal pet peeve of mine so seeing that only exacerbated the annoyance I was already feeling from the weird inception stuff.