Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

X-Men without the same cast of characters and same storylines they keep rehashing over and over again is what I've been loving waiting for forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

feedmyleg posted:

I think to some people, having any kind of stylized production design makes something "Wes Anderson".

Agreed, random synchronized dance numbers aren't a Wes Anderson thing at all, this was some Bollywood stuff with a 70s French cinema filter.

gently caress I can't wait for the next episode because I really do want to see if it can keep up this level of crazy.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

King Vidiot posted:

Yes, David's "autistic and childish" desire to kiss a woman who's in mutual love with him and wants to kiss him too if she were physically capable.

Don't forget the part where they called the main character autistic, mentally ill, and batshit crazy, and then recommended he be sedated or killed unless he starts being normal already!

Thinking about it, this show honestly isn't that nuts in terms of structure once you strip away all the cool stuff. There are flashbacks so we can learn about David, but the story so far isn't actually that topsy-turvy. We haven't had any scenes or characters who are actually unreal either, to our knowledge, with the obvious exception of Lenny (who is clearly marked as Dead But In Your Head). We'll see just how crazy things get soon enough, I guess.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

AndyElusive posted:

Is the fat guy in David's mind a mutant that he killed with his powers when he was a kid and now has a mental block preventing him from remembering? Is that why fat guy is skulking around inside his mind and memories? Is he the one who allows David to shift and manipulate matter?

Maybe ol' Yellow Eyes is like the Blue Dude on 30 Rock and David's just really really hungry :shrug:

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

ashpanash posted:

He needs Dr. Spaceman to give him some stuff.

Every show needs Dr. Spaceman :allears:

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

The Expanse is like I thought Game of Thrones would be based on all the hype. (instead it was just feudalism + nukes which is....just OK). The Expanse + Legion = awesome Wednesday night.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

It's true that we didn't really learn much this episode, besides the rest of the characters learning EXACTLY how hosed up David is (which we've known for some time now), it's just that the ride is so good that I'm not planning to ever get off.

Seriously that episode was basically Psychonauts The TV Show and I can watch that all day

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Plaza's always had a weird charisma to her, it's awesome that Hawley's bringing it out 100% and making it extra creepy.

Also: don't know if this has already been theorized but since Oliver seems to be associated with ice and was probably the team's Iceman before he got his rear end kicked to the astral plane, does that mean Melanie is the team's pyro (who we've only seen off-screen when they rescued David)?

Because I would love that.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

That's more likely.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Klungar posted:

Holy gently caress, I just realized that Cary is Mr. Noodle.

Holy gently caress, I just realized that David is Elmo :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Pellisworth posted:

I'm on episode 5, this show is great.

Question: in the first episode, who fries all those D3 dudes at the pool?

The series never explicitly names or explains who the pyro is, but the only mutant-affiliated person who hasn't had their powers revealed is Melanie. But it's also possible that Melanie is powerless and someone else was involved? No one knows.