Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

MrBuddyLee posted:

Eight thumbs up.

You should probably let a doctor have a look at that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

nawcom posted:

I'm looking through all the bad reviews out of curiosity. They seem to consist of:

- It's confusing and even by episode 3 I still don't understand the plot which makes it boring.
- It's difficult to follow.
- Jumpy storyline. No structure.
- It's pretentious. Trying to be like Kubrick.

All of those critiques are true though...? :raise:

I mean I like the show but I'm still waiting for there to be a plot. It seems like we kinda dropped that at the start of episode 2 and as of this week it still hasn't picked up. This show reminds me of the early season hump of Sense8 if anything. Visually stunning and intriguing but confusing and slow as hell.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I'm still not entirely sure what even happened beyond the shadow king running off in Icemans body.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Grognan posted:

I'm wondering what icecube's power actually was. Besides making crazy tech and diving into the astral plane?

Dog-kicking. I've seen the tape.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

She was also a re-ocurring guest-star on top 'clearly this was made as a favour to somoeone' show Welcome To Sweden with Amy Phoeler. She stars as herself which is really all that needs to be said.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Haha I knew it.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Zerilan posted:

Just binged the first season. Really makes me want to see Aubrey Plaza taking a major role in more series.

Seriously what is with Hollywood and loving typecasting.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

GreenNight posted:

This show might be doing weird poo poo just for the sake of being weird, but I don't care. I'm all in.

Most of this episode featured everything I hated about the first season (not much actually happening) but my god the dance sequence. :allears:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Yup.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

If you're not hungover and half-asleep when watching your high-concept dramas then you're not even in the game.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Oasx posted:

I really liked this episode, but i am both impressed and a little fearful that the show seemingly doesn't care about the pace of their storytelling. I would hate for this show not to get a third season and half the storylines just being left dangling.

I think this episode was pointless fluff and the growing mid-season pacing issues are reminding me of the things I very much did not like about season 1.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Season was bad with interesting parts sprinkled throughout, so exactly like season 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Oasx posted:

The third and final season will premiere on June 24th.

Oh thank god it's ending.