Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

From that point forward, all I could think of was Wes Anderson, and not in a good way. More of a "same style without the funding to license more popular songs" way. :( I really want to like this, but some of this indie film arthouse nonsense needs to chill.

If I'd never seen any of Wes Andersons films before, I would be more apt to love it, but I have seen them all too many times for this razzle dazzle to impress me.

Story is great, effects are great, just reel in some of the cinematography and I'll be on board. Mr. Robot got it right, this beats you over the head with it for seemingly no reason.

Wes Anderson? This is much closer in style Michel Gondry's work. And it's more than just a cheap knockoff imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Barry Convex posted:

Uh, did everyone bail on this show after the pilot or something?

Yeah did it air? I cant find it anywhere

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
I love this show, maybe more than the Expanse. And I hate Marvel shows now

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
I always thought the XMen references in this thread wer eosme dumb joke. Are you guys telling me this show is based on a comic book?

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
I like the actor who plays David, is he in anything else that's good?

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
So if it wasn't David who killed all the dudes, who was it? Is there a mutant that can pretend to be other mutants?

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
I don;t like how the last episode didn't resolve whatever happened to the eye character at all. Like why even spend most of the season on this villain if he isnt going to get screen time in the last ep?

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Is Iron Fist good?

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
What's wrong with comics legion?

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
I was prepared to write a really angry review of the first episode of season 2 here because it was 100% recap but then I realized I watched the second episode of season 1. I'm a retard basically.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Wow the danceoff scene might have been my favorite representation of a psychic battle since scanners

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

ynohtna posted:

Thinking is a sign of mental attack.
Remember: if you think something, post something.

Advice any goon can live by

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Uhhh it's actually physically impossibble for David to be shot by a digital ray and be sucked inside a robot.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Anyone here think about the shot where David is talking to the Robots, in the background it shows the topdown perspective of a spiral staircase. That shot doesn't make sense unless we are to assume there is a mirror behind David, or perhaps that his mental powers bend light?

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
I wish this show didn't rely so heavily on telepathy for it's storytelling

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Chokes McGee posted:

Season 1 was tinted by David's scrambled brain trying to comprehend his form while Farouk was similarly trying to evade detection.

Season 2 he finally revealed who he was, and if his "...and then what?" exchange doesn't make you see the real monster is a thousand times worse than the horror movie monster then I don't know what to tell you.

e: Basically, the Devil with Yellow Eyes, World's Angry Boy in the World, and Lenny/Benny were Farouk just screwing around. Now he's eaten an entire nightclub and is ready to get down to business.

I dont understand what he meant by the last 'and then what...' Was he just pointing out to Lenny that she is mortal?

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Nevvy Z posted:

Oooooh Hamm as Sublime seems to work pretty well based on what I remember.

I just googled Sublime and plz don't tell me you guys are excited to have sentient bacteria as the villain of this season.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Hakkesshu posted:

Shadow king is a multiversal manifestation of the dark side of the human consciousnesses, spawned by the first nightmare. So sentient bacteria doesn't sound that bad.

Wtf no he is a Portuguese dude with cool sunglasses

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
I actually do think up to a certain age good parenting necessitates physical contact

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Awesome episode but I missed a portion where David's sister was talking to her husband about a dream. Anyone catch what she said?

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

KPC_Mammon posted:

Yeah, we aren't getting any more Fargo.

Noah Hawly is too beautiful for this earth

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
I really want to see this season end with another psychic dance battle

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Open Source Idiom posted:

I'm not sure this makes sense. Kids have emotional needs too.

Nah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Who was the woman Lenny was talking to?