Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

The twist is that all of it was literally real and none of it is in his head, even the stuff that seemed like it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

It's been canon for decades that real life is part of the Westphall Multiverse.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

counterfeitsaint posted:

I haven't questioned it until now because I just didn't know what the gently caress was going on anyways, but now that we have a better sense of what's happening, does anyone know why there are gerbil tubes with gerbils all over the base?

richard gere cameo in the season finale

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Yeah, it's a Thing That Shouldn't Be type of horror instead of a monster with dick claws or whatever. Kind of reminds me how in 2001 Dave Bowman meets Old Man Dave Bowman and it's creepy even though it's just an old guy in a bed and a guy in a spacesuit. Or when Josie Packard gets trapped in a doorknob and it's objectively the goofiest thing ever filmed, still works.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

whowhatwhere posted:

I don't think focusing on the Demon with Yellow Eyes effect that clearly in that bright a room for that long was a good idea though. Thing looked really loving derpy.

Also Syd has consistently been the worst-written part of the show but this episode was just cringeworthy. "He's my man"? Really show? Like even if you're going to go for the "she's at the same cognitive level as a puppy because now she can have sex" thing at least have a better line to sell it.

He's one of the only people alive she can touch physically, which is a big deal to her for obvious reasons.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Shageletic posted:

So I'm going to buy this as my avatar

Anyone got any suggestions to write below it? I'm trying to think of a quote that something to do about tapes. You get extra points if it's related to Trump/politics. Thanks!

you're eatin tapes tonight, christie

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Grem posted:

What awards could Aubrey Plaza be up for from this show? I'm going to be take a conservative stance and say all of them.

I think you're right. She'll probably be this year's Tatiana Maslany and get a bunch of critic awards, more to follow every year with a belated Emmy for Legion Season 4 or whatever.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Actually, she's way more famous than Maslany was, she'll probably get an Emmy.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Henchman of Santa posted:

Emmy voters are not going to give a poo poo about a superhero show

mr robot is a superhero

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

hope and vaseline posted:

Otherwise it would still be written off as genre tv no matter how many acclaims it gets.

Things have changed, Mr Robot won best actor last year. A comic book show with arthouse aspirations has a very good chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Escobarbarian posted:

Mr. Robot is not in any way a "comic book show", and I wouldn't call it a genre show either. What's the genre? "hacking"?

cyberpunk