Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013
In one of his pre-pilot interviews Hawley said pretty clearly that this wasn't a "guess the twist" show, so I don't expect any major surprises of that kind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Blazing Ownager posted:

Dear lord tell me this show is doing OK in the ratings and hasn't put people off with how insane it is.

It's like David Lynch directed a superhero show at his prime.

Good timing. Sepinwall just tweeted that episode 4 is the weirdest thing he's ever seen on TV not involving Lynch.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Combed Thunderclap posted:

The Expanse + Legion = awesome Wednesday night.

Add The Magicians to that list. It's probably more on the fun side of the fun/great divide, but I've really loved season 2.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

B33rChiller posted:

Wow, this has to be one of the best productions to come out of Vancouver. Ever.
I had a flash of recognition during one of the scenes in D3. The stairwell interior was almost certainly shot at the BCIT marine campus in North Vancouver. Meanwhile, Mrs. Chiller called the beach in the first episode "oh poo poo, that's Cates park!"
We're both super impressed with the apparent huge step up in quality from the usual media being pumped out of the lower mainland.
Mind you, Deadpool was great, especially with limited budget.

Vancouver can produce just as high quality as anywhere else, it's just that most productions that choose Vancouver usually do it because they don't have a big budget.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Wafflecopper posted:

or he was just lying, which would explain why charles-era farouk looks younger than david-era farouk and also provides a more reasonable timeframe for his personal growth instead of 2000 yo psychic parasite suddenly discovers the power of love

Him being 2000 years old doesn't necessarily mean his current body is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013
[quote="Corte" post="497604364"]
I think the main point was that a child who grows up in a healthy environment with proper support is likely to turn out different than one who does not.

Nothing about "Mother" implies this is going to be a healthy environment though.