Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

well what if syd is real but nobody else is.
I think thats the twist here, especially since melanie tries to convince david that he is not schizophrenic. Or maybe she is xavier projecting himself into david's mind
This show is pretty drat great, Im actually speculating whether this is happening on reality or if its all imagination of david, with flashes of reality mixed in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

night slime posted:

Just saw there's a funny part in the first episode with the baby at the beginning. Watch it carefully.

you mean young david levitating off from his bed right?

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

I think we are still inside david's head.
Shadow king thought he had escaped only to discover that he only peeled 1 layer of david's psyche.
Now he is trying to convince david inside david to help him escape his mind. Now question is which character is actually david in real world?
is it oliver or is it david? I mean syd and melanie are almost identical, same with david and oliver. Is syd and david just twisted memories of oliver?

Also i love this show, i really dont know what is real and what is just a hallucination.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Its all imagination, or delusion. Check the background.

except david is probably powerful enough to shape the world to conform his delusion.

Dark Off fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Apr 11, 2018

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Gobbeldygook posted:

And now we come to the most alarming delusion of all: the idea that other people don't matter. Their feelings, their needs.

Imagine a cave where those inside never see the outside world. Instead they see shadows of that world projected on the cave wall. The world they see in the shadows is not the real world. But it's real to them. If you were to show them the world as it actually is they would reject it as incomprehensible.

Now what if instead of being in a cave you were out in the world except you couldn't see it. Because you weren't looking. Because you trusted the world you saw through the prism was the real world. But there's a difference. You see unlike the allegory of the cave where the people are real and the shadows are false. Here other people are the shadows.

Their faces, their lives, this is the delusion of the narcissist who believes that they alone are real. Their feelings are the only feelings that matter because other people are just shadows and shadows don't feel. Because they're not real. But what if everyone lived in caves? Then no one would be real. Not even you. Unless one day you woke up and left the cave. How strange the world would look after a lifetime of staring at shadows.

isnt this basically david?
He is trapped in real world looking through it with his powers, warping reality around him to match what he perceives to be real. basically he decides what is real, if something doesnt conform it he changes it.
everyone around him gets brainwashed by his powers. There is nobody out there that can show david what real world is. (expect maybe farouk)

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

what was with aubrey having different voice in the mad hatter scene.
is she perhaps still farouk planning to hop back in time to defeat xavier/legion?
and how did she alone escape the net

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

to me the whole lenny vs david sequence was like inner monologue of david's personalities fighting.
Switch was definitely under david's control when he was passing well being to others she passed out as well.
I wonder if we are getting somekind of reveal after david's war against division 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

to me shadow kings motivation was that he didnt need to go inside David's mind to gently caress him up. Even if he was raised differently legion inside him would gently caress things up.
This time Xavier is going to raise legion up (maybe).
The pokeball part was another timeline trying to prevent David from ending the world. They were successful so their timeline is gone as well.

The biggest question mark is what happens to shadow king now? Is he going to enjoy toying with people forever? Is he going to try and team up with david in the future?

also what were those giant green pointing fingers in season 2?