Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I spent the whole first half of the episode trying to figure out what time period this is, since my boomer dad couldn't stop pointing out the psychadlic soundtrack and how long it had been since he had heard whatever. By the second half it was clear that this is the early 70s, but Clockwork might as well have been a dimension in David's head for all I know, because of all the Kubrick sci-fi poo poo. I pretty much lost it at the giant flat-panel TV running an old Bubsy Berkeley inspired dance number.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
None that I know of, although The Hellfire Club uses chess pieces for it's hierarchy, so it might be a parallel.

Did we ever find out what was in the cage when the old man was giving that "farts too loud" comment? It was the immediately before a commercial break, but I don't think there was any answers. He got mad, they gassed him, they tried to electrify him in the pool, but The Caged Thing (And The Helmet On Top Of The Cage) played no further role at all? Even when the resistance were raiding the place, it seems it was forgotten about.