Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Grem posted:

That curly haired man is Mystique, right? I swear I saw him in an X-Men movie.

No. This is not connected to the X-Men movies at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

BJPaskoff posted:

Is this a one-season series, or is there a plan to keep it going forever? I read somewhere that it plans to tie into the cinematic universe with maybe a cameo by Professor X, but the Fargo talk has me thinking it's a 8-12 hour movie and it'll have a satisfying ending. I don't have the endurance to watch a show that goes on and on and on way past where it should stop, especially when it starts out this good.

You read wrong. This is not connected to the movie universe at all. The producers confirmed it's entirely separate universe of its own. The new X-Men show on Fox from Matt Nix that's in pre-production now is the one that is tying into films.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Escobarbarian posted:

Literally everything I've read on this subject from the producers or Hawley says the exact opposite - that while it's meant to be standalone and may not end up tying into other properties, it's still very much part of the shared X-Men universe.

Nope. From a recent IGN interview:

quote:

IGN: What are the challenges in having this other, larger X-Men franchise? Will this be within that universe, or are you making it separate?

Donner: No, we're making it separate. We're our own world.

IGN: So even if it touches upon Xavier later, it's not the Patrick Stewart and James McAvoy versions?

Donner: Yes, we're in a different world. Exactly.

IGN: Why go that route? Particularly because Matt Nix said his FOX X-Men project is a part of that world?

Donner: Matt's is much more a part of just the world in terms of there are mutants, mutants are hated and there are Sentinels -- though very different from what we've seen before. You feel like you're here in the X-Men world. With Legion, we're our own universe. It gives Noah the freedom to do what he wants to do. Because we play with so many different timelines, and we rebooted and not really rebooted and all that, we felt like, OK, we're going to throw it out there and hope the fans accept it.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/01/16/legion-x-men-producer-on-how-xavier-fits-in-and-future-tv-plans

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Escobarbarian posted:

Ah, that's much clearer than anything I'd read previously, specifically the Xavier bit. I know Singer said it definitely would be connected last year so sounds like they were confused between themselves.

Anyway it not being connected to the film universe is by far my preference so woop

The X-Men creative team confused about continuity? Certainly you must be mistaken!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

BJPaskoff posted:

IMDB trivia says otherwise, but the IGN interview you posted contradicts it. Fitting for this show that the "is this or is this not part of the Marvel cinematic universe" question exists, actually!

IMBD is one of the least reputable sources you can find on anything. It can be edited by pretty much anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Since Legion is connected somehow to the X-Men the "Devil with Yellow Eyes" looks an awful lot like Mojo . If anyone could pull that it would be Hawley.

100% if it's a character from the comics it's Shadow King. The yellow eyes give it away. Also the human form of Shadow King looks like a cross between Kingpin and Mojo in the comics.